Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The eCommerce Department has an opening for a Director, Program Management (Shop Experience). This position is located in Pleasanton, California. Position Purpose
Albertsons Companies seeks to offer customers an easy, exciting and friendly ecommerce shopping experience, through the invention of personalized and localized digital experiences for our 34 million plus weekly customers. This role will primarily be responsible for driving cross-track program that consists of multiple projects in the Digital Marketing and eCommerce/Grocery Delivery business functions. The Program Manager role manages entire program, and tracking dependent projects, the overall scope, risks and budget for the successful execution of the projects, adhering to the PMO's methodology and standards. The Program Manager will report into the Vice President Digital Product, lead a group of Project Managers, working closely with business, Product and User Experience, and Web and App development teams. Program management is the center point for our cross-functional business teams and stakeholders distributed across geographical locations including Pleasanton CA, Boise ID, and Phoenix AZ. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership, oversight and supervision to multiple projects within the portfolio to ensure on-time delivery and to achieve desired business goals.
- Work closely with Technology Program Management Office, to uphold the guidelines, best practices, and compliance adherence across multiple projects within the portfolio.
- Assume responsibility of overall program and the projects it depends on. Responsible for putting together cross-project dependencies, roadmaps and timelines across multiple projects within the portfolio. Host and lead cross-track program meetings and manage program level communications.
- Manage risks and issues that span across the projects, with responsibility to provide cross-track program visibility and necessary reports/updates to senior leadership teams. Work with Project Managers to ensure the risks are managed and manage stakeholder communication.
- Work with existing Product and Design processes and procedures and look for opportunities to improve existing processes or define new processes, where necessary. Influence peers and project managers in following the processes and adoption of industry standard tools, technologies, and methodologies.
- Bring alignment with stakeholders, leadership team and Product Managers with top-down vision, goals and business objectives to successful completion of projects.
- Perform regular reviews for project/program status, metrics, financial reporting, KPIs to ensure successful project implementation. Foster a strong work environment that rewards individual and team efforts; encourages creativity while maintaining high caliber productivity and quality.
- Partner with IT Product Manager, Enterprise Architecture, IT PMO, Application Development, and Services and Support teams to implement detailed plans for eCommerce, Loyalty, and Marketing initiatives.
- Track time and attendance of project team members, review vendor invoices and timesheets, review SOWs and Change Orders as necessary for the project needs.
- Provide thought leadership and help define a vision for the expansion and improvement of a world-class project management organization, addressing elements of culture, recruiting, training, best practices/process, opportunity management, and quality assurance.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years in project management in web/app software development with demonstrated evidence of increasing growth and responsibility.
- Strong working knowledge in Project Planning particularly with Microsoft Project software, and leading Agile methodologies and tools. Work experience in managing agile/scrum projects is strongly preferred.
- Must possess superior problem-solving skills, be action-oriented and decisive.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-track program level risks, interdependencies across projects.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach, counsel and train team members.
- Previous experience with medium to large projects in Retail Companies, specifically around Digital Marketing and eCommerce business functions will be considered an asset.
- Ability to effectively articulate and present complex concepts, ideas and strategies to senior leadership and end-users.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure to balance competing priorities in meeting business deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills.
- Extensive creativity, drive, high energy level, and the ability to self-manage
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER