Responsible for all vehicle maintenance on all shifts to ensure that all repairs are performed according to Company maintenance guidelines and DOT rules and regulations, in a timely and efficient manner. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises associates work performance. Monitors all work orders and preventative maintenance service sheets.
- Tracks equipment movement in order to schedule daily repairs and maintenance.
- Monitors fleet status, through analysis of equipment repairs, tires, reefer hours, and general fleet condition.
- Investigates vehicle accidents, interviewing drivers and any third parties involved. Schedules estimates on damage.
- Develops and maintains good working relationship with vendors to obtain better pricing on supplies and parts.
- Performs driver road testing, training and qualification.
- Reviews informational materials concerning changes in technology, laws and guidelines in the transportation industry.
- Interacts with Transportation Superintendent/Supervisor to help minimize tractor/trailer out of service and driver repair requests.
- Monitors labor for maximum utilization with minimum overtime.
- Ensures compliance with Company and government rules and regulations by all department personnel.
- All garage/vehicle maintenance associates
Posting ID: 556733008Posted: 2020-05-22