Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in the United States, with both a strong local presence and national scale. We strive to make every day a better day for our customers, employees and vendor partners. The organization includes 2,300+ stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 275,000 employees across 35 states and the District of Columbia. We operate under 20 well-known banners including Albertsons, Lucky, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United Supermarkets, Pavilions, Star Market, Haggen and Carrs, as well as meal kit company Plated based in New York City.
The Salt Lake City distribution center has an opening for a Truck Shop Tire Mechanic. Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs a variety of duties relating to the upkeep and maintenance of Company transportation equipment.
- Fueling and washing tractors and trailers, checking all fluid levels, checking all lights and tires, changing oil, filters, and tires, lubing equipment, and any other minor repairs which do not require a certified mechanics knowledge.
- Complete required paperwork according to Company policy and guidelines.
- Input information into the on-board computer systems.
- Drive tractors from fuel lane to fuel island. Perform duties on checklist while on fuel island.
- Follow Company procedures. Ensure a safe work environment.
- Responsible for performing all job duties with honesty and integrity.
- Ability to reach, lift and work objects weighing up to 100 lbs. Ability to push and pull heavy equipment.
- Manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance to work both at ground level and high places.
- Ability to stand, walk and work in close quarters, prone and awkward positions for lengthy periods occasionally.
- Drive truck tractor and 53-foot or doubles combination semi-trailer.
- Operate heavy garage repair equipment and work on ladders.
- Mental alertness and good vision are necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
- Exposure to hazards exist with respect to equipment, work areas, tools welding equipment, presses and other power equipment. Exposure to large amounts of water and cleaning solvents when washing trucks and trailers.
- Working conditions consist of temperature-controlled environments and exposure to outside elements while performing outdoors on a daily basis.
- Ability to apply required use and safety knowledge.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by visiting www.AlbertsonsCompanies.com/Careers.
We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER