Don't just live life....love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to create memories for our residents!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own lasting impression.
We are looking for a Contract Recruiter at Lifespace Communities Inc., Home Office location in West Des Moines, IA. This position would work up to support our communities with their healthcare positions. Sense of urgency and ability to work in fast paced environment are a must with this role.
The recruiter role is responsible for the full life-cycle recruitment and assessment of talent through sourcing, referrals, networking, interviewing, other recruitment initiatives to support our communities. The recruiter plays a key role to enhance the Lifespace Communities employment brand through various channels. The role is fast paced with a strong focus on direct internet and phone sourcing, networking within groups and associations, leveraging social media, reviewing applicants who respond to posted positions. This position will recruit for positions at all levels of the organization under the direct guidance and supervision of the Lifespace Director of Talent Acquisition.
A few other details about the role:
• Provide full life-cycle recruiting support for our communities. Strategize, plan and execute recruitment efforts to attract, engage, qualify and select diverse pool of team members to support key business functions. Manage candidates through the recruiting life-cycle and coach and guide leaders through the hiring process.
• Develop creative recruiting resources and networking activities to attract qualified applicants. Assist in identify sourcing strategies and drive social media presence to enhance the employment brand for Lifespace Communities. Participate in networking activities such as career fairs, universities and school organizations to broaden the network of applicants.
• Build and maintain network of potential candidates with on-going relationship management.
• Provide an amazing interview experience for our applicants.
• Maintain the applicant tracking system and document candidate activity and assist with internal reporting as necessary.
• Participate in special projects and recruitment initiatives.
• Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
• Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion, dedication, team work and quality. Team member will support, actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service pillars of Living Lifespace.
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and meetings.
And here's what you need to apply:
• Minimum of two years of recruiting experience in a corporate recruiting and/or search firm environment.
• Experience managing the recruiting life cycle, most importantly sourcing, assessment and presentation of qualified applicants.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent is required, bachelor's degree is preferred.
• Good eye for talent with the ability to quickly screen resumes or profiles to identify fit.
• Ability to be engaging, assertive and persistent.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to self-motivate, strong sense of urgency, ability to maintain confidentiality, manage multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
• Experience using an applicant tracking system.
• Demonstrate technical aptitude with strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products and various internet sourcing methods.
• Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors and team members.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities, Inc headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is the nation's fifth largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over $340 million and employs over 3,600 team members. Lifespace Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Through more than 40 years of existence, Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,000 residents.
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
• Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, Florida
• Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, Florida
• Beacon Hill - Lombard, Illinois
• Claridge Court - Prairie Village, Kansas
• Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, Iowa
• Edgemere - Dallas, Texas
• Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, Minnesota
• Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire, Pennsylvania
• Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, Nebraska
• Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, Florida
• Oak Trace - Downers Grove, Illinois
• Querencia at Barton Creek - Austin, Texas
• The Stayton - Fort Worth, Texas
• Village On The Green - Longwood, Florida
• The Waterford - Juno Beach, Florida
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish - Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English