Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. We have a new vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength with deep local roots, that offers an easy, fun, friendly and inspiring experience, no matter how a customer chooses to shop with us. We want talented individuals to be a part of this journey.
A $60Bn Company with 2,200+ stores, 23 distribution centers, and 20 food and beverage plants make us one of the largest retailers in the United States. With stores in 34 states serving 34 million customers, our foundation is our 20 well-known grocery banners with an eclectic and legendary history. Our private label on-trend 'Own Brands' portfolio is one of the most diverse in-house and trusted brands in the country consisting of more than 11,000 high quality products achieving $11Bn in sales. Across the nation, we are moving the needle through innovation. It's in our blood.
We have a new position assisting the Group Vice President Division Operations to create and implement the Division Operations transformation and implementation plan for the company.
The eCommerce Department has an opening for a Director, eCommerce Strategic Initiatives. This position is located in Pleasanton, California. Position Purpose
The digital organization is responsible for creating a world class customer experience and driving revenue and EBITDA growth with our online shopper.
The Director, eCommerce Strategic Initiatives will report to the Group Vice President Ecommerce Division Operations and work closely with the GVP to drive innovative strategies, optimization, automation, and safety using Lean Six-Sigma and DMAIC processes in the business. This position will work closely with Division Operations organization's Leadership Team, consisting of product development, ecommerce, digital marketing, customer success as well as with leaders in division operations teams, as well as with those in partner organizations, including Human Resources, and other support organizations. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to research, communicate, plan, define, manage, and deliver high visibility programs/projects in a timely manner. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute innovation strategies and roadmap for Division Operations in conjunction with the GVP for business initiatives to reduce waste and increase productivity and efficiency using LEAN fundamentals.
- Partner with technology teams and external vendors, to research and evaluate automation solutions that optimize and drive business process efficiency.
- Deliver operational continuous improvement framework to align people, process, and technology to drive operational excellence across cross functional teams and improve solution delivery through measuring critical KPI's.
- Develop communications strategies that define, develop, and drive the execution of the continuous improvement program goals and delivery of processes and technology to business stakeholders
- Build and administer frameworks and operating rhythms using an agile team and smart goals approach for multiple initiatives including business planning, growth initiatives, operational efficiencies, merchandising and marketing execution.
- Develop and drive safety programs within operations to reduce cost and improve safety metrics.
- Work closely with all functions to align division operations strategies. Affect results by maneuvering through appropriate formal and informal organization channels. Influence across all levels.
- Plan and conduct kickoff meetings; define scope; develop detailed baseline project plans; track and manage programs and projects to successful completion; communicate status, issues and risks to project stakeholders; provide leadership to cross-functional project teams and maintain project documentation.
- Partner with GVP, division operations leadership team, and managers to prepare presentations for business reviews, milestone achievement and tracking, committee meetings, and other forums. Plan and execute executive communications and key messages delivered to internal and external audiences.
- Minimum 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in directly relevant senior roles in business, ecommerce and program/project management, work process optimization, business planning and operations, and/or retail management and support, preferably in a digital environment or technology.
- Lean Six-Sigma and DMAIC process expert.
- BA/BS degree is required with preference for degrees in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields. MBA is a plus.
- Demonstrated advanced effective project and program management skills, with the ability to define scope, develop and drive project delivery vs. an established schedule, and manage interdependencies, risks, and issues on initiatives.
- Outstanding communicator with excellent presentation and strong written and oral communications skills.
- Thought leader who provides out of the box thinking and problem solving
- Experience ideally spans a broad range of business and technology programs and initiatives, including product development and management, process improvement, innovation.
- Experience working closely with executives and senior leaders in support of strategic programs, and business planning and operational activities.
- Strong business expertise, keen understanding of business needs, and ability to ensure technical solutions, strategies, practices, and governance deliver business and customer value.
- Expert ability to develop a wide variety of written content for a broad range of stakeholders using a wide range of tools and channels.
- Excellent facilitation, collaboration and teamwork skills with demonstrated ability to gain trust, secure buy-in and influence change at all levels.
- Strong analytical, strategic-thinking, and problem-solving capabilities, with ability to distill technical information into stories for a variety of audiences. Data driven mindset, with ability to design surveys, capture metrics and data, and leverage data and analytics to measure program effectiveness and progress.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint) required.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to thrive in a team-based environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and service-oriented.
Range from 15% to 35% How to Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER