Albertsons Companies is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,262 stores, 23 distribution facilities and 20 manufacturing plants with over 270,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Supply Chain Department has an opening for a Director of Procurement Meat/Seafood/Deli
; This position is located and based in our Corporate Office in Boise, ID.Position Purpose:
The Corporate Director of Procurement is responsible for driving best practices and managing performance across the buying teams within a region. This individual is a key liaison to Corporate Merchandising to ensure Division execution of key programs across Meat, Seafood and Deli categories. The Director ensures that the highest standards of professional integrity are maintained across all buying teams in an assigned region.Key Accountabilities:
Knowledge and Experience:
- Direct Supply Chain Product flow through the Network to deliver Lowest Net Landed Cost.
- Drives performance across key indicators including but not limited to service level, inventory turns, overall working capital, cost of goods purchased and aged inventory.
- Creates collaborative supplier relationships to gain strategic alignment and direct supplier performance management.
- Aligns/coordinates with the Corporate Merchandising teams for Meat/Seafood/Deli around strategic plans involving major programs.
- Represents supply chain's insights and operational requirements during strategic meetings.
- Facilitates overall supply chain collaboration activities with Merchandising including strategic, operational and day-to-day execution of decisions that affect the Procurement organization including but not limited to resolution of inventory positions.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with Merchandising, Distribution, Logistics and Food Safety/Quality Assurance as well as supplier network.
- Direct the preparation of financial and other reports of inventory management to assist the Vice President in the overall strategic planning process.
- Works closely with the Vice President Procurement Meat/Seafood/Deli to implement continuous process improvement initiatives to drive supplier performance and overall Supply Chain effectiveness.
- Assists regional procurement teams with their adherence to food safety, quality and regulatory requirements
- Works with the Manager of Commodity Analysis on collaborative commodity buys and optimal buying positions based on market conditions
- Resolves any issues related to performance of assigned regional buying teams.
- Facilitate best practice sharing across regional buying teams to continuously improve overall Procurement results.
- Development of buying teams across region Distribution Centers.
- 4-year college degree required, MBA preferred or equivalent Supply Chain or Meat/Seafood/Deli industry experience.
Skills and Experiences:
- 5 - 10 years of experience in multiple facets of Supply Chain including Retail Operations, Buying, Logistics and Manufacturing.
- 5+ years of experience with a major grocery retail chain in a vendor management, purchasing, distribution or strategic sourcing role with responsibility for working with major national vendors of commodity and/or packaged foods.
- 5 - 10 years of people management experience.
- Demonstrated track record of developing, implementing and managing vendor management programs through process improvements, systems enablement and application of KPIs and incentives.
- Strong business acumen and P&L awareness with ability to collaborate with multiple departments across the organization.
- Comprehensive understanding of agricultural commodities; specific experience in meat/seafood/deli categories preferred
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions to optimize Supply Chain opportunities
- Excellent presentation, communication, change management, and persuasion skills.
- Superior project and people management skills with proven ability to establish timelines that meet or exceed financial and operational goals.
- Exceptional systems skills especially MS Office and Supply Chain systems.
50%+ Physical Environment:
- Ability to lift 30 pounds or more.
- Work typically performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Spends long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Uses calculators, keyboards, telephone and other office equipment during a normal workday.
- Workday is fast-paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace. All applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before final employment.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER