To complete a variety of specialized duties that support the functional operations. The duties in the department specialist job family focus on tasks and/work that are unique to the department and require knowledge and skills that are beyond what are required for general office work. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:Education Level:
- Maintains complex records.
- Responds to inquiries in area of responsibility.
- Collects data/information for Procurement Department use in special projects or reports.
- Updates information and reports typically on the computer.
- Checks information for accuracy.
- Prepares and balances data.
- Answers Produce Procurement Department phones as needed and routes to appropriate area.
- Reviews information/data and makes decisions within defined guidelines, parameters, and instruction.
- Examines and prioritizes documents to determine work to be completed or best course of action.
- Collects information for specific department reports.
- Creates and maintains complex reports.
- Act as liaison between produce/floral procurement department and the stores
- Enters holiday and weekly store orders as needed
- Generate weekly order guides and other documentation as needed
- Checks own work for accuracy.
- Coordinates special programs and/or events.
Skills and Experiences:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Reading, writing, math and communication skills at a proficient level
- Ability to follow verbal or written instruction.
- Keyboarding proficiency,
- Computer skills: Word, Access, Powerpoint, Excel.
- Be detail oriented, ability to organized, and strong analytical skills.
<10% PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Posting ID: 556733056Posted: 2020-05-22