Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Receives client families and visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them courteously and appropriately. Answers, screens, and routes incoming phone calls plus other general office support duties.
• Greets guests and visitors, offering assistance when entering the building
• Notifies staff members when appointments arrive and escorts guests to appropriate room
• Answers routine questions associated with services, products, location directions, etc.
• Immediately notifies and involves management with customer service and security issues
• Receives deceased belongings from family and follows chain of custody procedures
• Answers, screens, and routes incoming calls to appropriate staff members
• Maintains a comfortable environment for clients, providing beverages and other amenities for families as needed. May make coffee.
• Maintains guest-waiting area, disposing of trash, replacing tissues, and general straightening of furniture
• Receives incoming mail and packages
• Maintains organized and current electronic and paper files and records, such as deeds and trust files
• May perform light typing, proofreading, data entry or printing
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Six months general office, receptionist, or administrative support experience preferred
• Proficient at operating telephones, fax, copier
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
• Clear and professional speaking voice and tone
• Professional interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
• Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
• Ability to work schedule including Saturday and or Sunday and beyond standard business hours
Postal Code: 36605
Category (Portal Searching): Administration and Clerical
Job Location: US-AL - Mobile
Req ID: Req.85721
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life.
"SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Posting ID: 556733068Posted: 2020-05-22