As a National Bank Examiner/Bank Examiner (Risk Expert - Capital), you will:
- Work with other bank and financial institution regulators, technical experts and other standard setting bodies (particularly the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision) to develop regulatory capital requirements, guidance, and policies. Provide technical expertise and assistance on the development and implementation of new or revised capital regulations and policies through the OCC rule making process or issuances of guidance or interpretations.
- Serve as a technical expert in regulatory capital policy; as well as on the risk to capital from credit and market risks. Maintain expert knowledge of regulatory capital policy and the risk to capital from credit and market risks, and keep abreast of industry practices, emerging issues, and trends by establishing and maintaining relationships with industry and regulatory experts and OCC examiners in the field. Identify and analyzes areas of significant capital, credit and/or market risk in the industry.
- Advise senior OCC officials on key capital policy initiatives and developments, such as appropriate capital treatment for financial instruments or structures and proposed revisions to capital standards, domestically and internationally. Provide briefings and updates on capital policy and new or proposed initiatives and regulations to senior management, examiners and industry representatives.
- Prepare briefing materials for use by OCC representatives who participate in national and international policy discussions and meetings, and who testify before Congressional committees. Respond to Congressional inquiries and complex, technical, and sensitive questions from other technical experts, bankers, trade association representatives, attorneys, accountants and other regulatory agency representatives.
- Recommend action plans and/or strategies for implementation of new or revised requirements, guidance and policies to the OCC senior management. Lead project work related to changes in regulations, interpretations of existing regulations, and issuances of supervisory guidance.
Occasional travel - 25% or less
06 Job family (Series)
0570 Financial Institution Examining Requirements
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Complete a one-year trial period (unless already completed).
- Complete a background investigation (unless already completed).
- Sign a statement that you are voluntarily leaving the competitive service for a position in the excepted service, if applicable.
- Travel overnight or locally on a regular basis.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- File an OCC Financial Disclosure Form.
- Complete a financial disclosure review and resolve any ethics issues.
- Click here for important information about OCC ethics standards, such as the requirement that new hires divest their bank securities.
You must meet the following requirements within 60 calendar days after the closing date of this announcement:
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the NB-V band level in the Federal service. Examples of specialized experience for this position include:
The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector, or through volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- Developing, auditing, or examining a bank's internal capital management policies and procedures; or
- Developing, auditing, or examining a bank's internal capital models.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Education cannot be used to qualify for this position.
Posting ID: 556733170Posted: 2020-05-22