Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Maintains a welcoming and clean facility. Cleans and sanitizes facility rooms and furnishings and discards waste and trash. Follows established policies and procedures to maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the facility.
• Maintains a clean, sanitized and stocked facility.
• Inside the facility, sweeps, mops, scrubs and waxes the floors, stairs, and horizontal surfaces. Vacuums carpeting and furnishings. Dusts furniture and dcor. Cleans and polishes glass tables, doors, mirrors, and similar surfaces
• Cleans and sanitizes restrooms
• Cleans and sanitizes kitchen including appliances, surfaces and cabinet interior.
• Collects and disposes of trash and debris inside the facility
• Replaces burned out light bulbs inside the facility
• Maintains clean entry doors, removing dust, bugs, webbing. Sweeps or vacuums exterior entry mats
• Straightens and rearranges furniture; may spot clean fabrics to remove stains
• Maintains all facial tissue dispensers and water dispensers; replenishes supplies on an ongoing basis
• Maintains an adequate supply of kitchen and cleaning supplies; orders supplies or advises management of need to re-order
• Notifies management of any emergency maintenance issues
• May set up and cleanup for team meetings or events including disposing of food and waste
• May assist in setup and arranging for chapel services or delivering floral tributes to visitation areas and chapel
• High School Diploma or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Physically agile and dexterous
• Proficient knowledge of cleaning equipment and agents
• Proficient with handling basic maintenance repairs
• Resilient to cleaning compounds and solutions
• Ability to follow safety guidelines and take appropriate cautions
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Basic computer skills preferred
Postal Code: 77057
Category (Portal Searching): Cemetery Maintenance
Job Location: US-TX - Houston
Req ID: Req.81488
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life.
"SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Posting ID: 556733296Posted: 2020-05-22