The Principal Proposal Analyst is responsible for and directs the tactical implementation of the proposal activity within the subcontracts and procurement group. The analyst will support the following functions in supply chain; subcontracts, procurement and Modernization subcontracts. This individual can work REMOTE.
Responsible for exercising business judgment to define a comprehensive proposal strategy resulting in superior cost and availability performance. Participates as supply chain SME on all proposals across OSI, including production and Modernatization.
Ensures all inputs to proposals meet FAR and DFAR requirements, are accurate and timely. Works with procurement team to ensure material costing for production and facilities subcontracts teams when input required.
Partners with Modernization SCAs to develop strategy to support proposals, assists with supplier proposal input reviews and facilitates/executes CAPAs required for submission as needed.
Functions as the primary POC for all procurement and subcontracts submissions to proposal teams, attends proposal kick off meetings and collaborates with functional teams as supply chain SME.
As a part of preparing CAPAs and analyzing supply chain input to proposals, the Sr. Pricing Analyst may perform the following duties in collaboration with Modernization or Facilities SCAs:
1) Analyzes subcontractor projected estimated costs for reasonableness, reviewing in detail significant direct and indirect cost elements.
2) Ascertains reasonableness of proposed labor and overhead rates and labor escalation factors through research using standard methods for Cost and Price Analysis.
3) Analyzes cost data contained in proposals. Assignments may involve a variety of proposals including those that have little pricing precedent or prior experience.
4) Utilizes Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), specifically FAR Part 15, and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) Supplements, to perform cost/price analyses in accordance with company policies and procedures.
5) Summarizes the results of subcontractor proposals into clear and concise reports including data and narratives.
6) Evaluates contractor past performance, costs of previous procurements, and/or standards and other techniques in producing like or similar items.
7) Evaluates the contractor's experience, production, and technical ability on current and previous orders. Investigates the adequacy and soundness of the firm's credit and financial position.
8) Support DCAA, DCMA and other 3rd Party audits as required/needed.
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's degree (business, supply chain, or finance preferred). 8 years of experience to include 3 years of experience using specialized knowledge of price and cost analysis principles and procedures in the Aerospace/Defense Industry.
Must have good business acumen and be proficient in working with large spreadsheets and financial data.
Knowledge of Federal Acquisitions Regulations, FAR Part 15, Contract by Negotiations and FAR Part 31, Contract Cost
Principles and Procedures
Preferred Skills and Education
Demonstrated proficiency in the following skill areas (examples of relevant experience included in parentheses):
Aerospace & defense experience
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Posting ID: 556733308Posted: 2020-05-22