BAE Systems, one of the world's largest defense contractors and a Fortune 500 Company, is hiring a Configuration Analyst / CAD Administrator to support our engineering teams in Radford, VA and Kingsport, TN, where we have a several active and planned modernization programs.
Required Skills and Education
- Responsible for implementing and supporting the internal tools and systems environment that supports a forward-thinking product development group using Product Development Management / Product Lifecycle Management PDM/PLM and other software tools for CAD data and engineering documentation management.
- Supports CAD system user issues for engineering teams including occasional off-hours support.
- Functional support for the enhancement, development, implementation, migration, and upgrade of CAD and PLM systems.
- Support users in the application of CAD software and the proper use of the CAD file management and associated workflows.
- Provide expert knowledge of CAD and PLM data structure and data management.
- Identify business needs and propose solutions to meet them, including analyzing solutions based on software capability.
- Perform end user training and serve as a mentor and/or trainer for the staff.
- Create documentation and training guidelines.
- Develop strategies for data migration and/or integration with legacy platforms and data sets.
- Review license usage and needs to support all users.
- Work closely with IT department planning and executing customization to PLM and CAD vaults.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Typically an Associate's Degree in engineering and 6 years related experience or bachelor's degree in engineering or science field and 4 years related experience. May consider equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years of experience with AutoDesk / Plant 3D Software Administration with experience troubleshooting software issues.
- Working knowledge of CAD Systems Administration in relation to Autodesk Platform software.
- Ability to work in a team to support multiple engineering disciplines.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
- Knowledge of piping design and/or mechanical design.
- 4 years of experience with Microsoft Office products specifically Access and/or SQL data management.
- Proven track record of leading successful CAD implementation projects.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Posting ID: 556733339Posted: 2020-05-22