Job Description Your new career is waiting here!
BAE Systems, a global defense, aerospace and security company employing more than 88,200 people worldwide, with wide-ranging products and services covering air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. BAE Systems, Inc. is a top-ten prime contractor
to the U.S. Department of Defense, well positioned to support customers in what is the world's largest defense market is HIRINGNOW
We are in search of Senior Test Engineers
. The ideal candidate will provide engineering, testing, and documentation for operational assessment test activities. This task does not conform to the traditional waterfall testing approach, instead leveraging agile methodologies where releasable tested pieces of software services are created, development level tested, and delivered to the user in a DevOps approach. Product owners work in short spin cycles (develop, test, deploy, repeat) to eventually realize a full capability/service with the goal to achieve full required performance satisfaction outlined in the program statement of capabilities. In order to achieve this goal, an operational assessment must occur for each capability/service to evaluate suitability and effectiveness.
Contractor staff shall:
Required Skills and Education
- Analyze functional service requirements to develop operational assessment test procedures
- Perform technical analysis system and system architectures
- Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and agile development techniques for the design, development, and execution of operational assessment test procedures
- Capture, track, and assess testable requirements using Atlassian product suite to include Confluence and Jira
- Develop operational assessment test reports and associated documentation
- Participate in all operational assessment milestones and activities (deep dives, WIPT, TRR, Quick look, DAG, and SME discussions and additional as directed by Government Program Test Lead)
- Participate in systems engineering, test and evaluation, architecture, and programmatic meetings and reviews
- Minimum 5 years experience applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and agile for the design, development, and execution of operational assessment test procedures
- Minimum 5 years experience developing operational assessment test reports and associated documentation
- Demonstrated experience testing of large scale, distributed "system-of-systems", and micro services
- Demonstrated experience analyzing product/service functional requirements to develop operational assessment test procedures
- Demonstrated experience participating in systems engineering, test and evaluation, architecture, and programmatic meetings and reviews
- Demonstrated experience automating test code using latest programming (Java, C++) and scripting (Perl, Shell) languages.
- Demonstrated experience capturing, tracking, and assessing testable requirements using the Atlassian product suite to include Confluence and Jira
- Experience performing technical analysis of system architectures
Eight (8) years experience as a Test Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management, or related discipline form an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional TE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.