Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-VOCATIONAL FOOD SERVICE COORDINATOR - 70930430 POLK CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
Salary: $11.35 hourly
Posting Closing Date: 06/02/2020***OPEN COMPETITIVE ADVERTISEMENT***Vocational Food Service Coordinator-70930430This advertisement is for an OPS Vocational Food Service Coordinator at Polk Correctional Institution in the Food Service Department.
SALARY: $11.35 HOURLY.
SALARY WILL BE DETERMINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CURRENT PAY POLICY.SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES (KSA's):
- Responsible for the oversight of daily meal preparation including production and meal service to the inmate population. This includes interpreting and complying with OSHA and related health and food service standards.
- Handle raw and cooked food in accordance with sanitation standards
- Supervise the inmate food service workers in food production, preparation, kitchen sanitation, etc.
- Ensure preparation of meals is in accordance with the Department's master menu manual and master menu recipes.
- Maintain ServSafe certification.
- Responsible for the accurate completion and maintenance of production, training and other required documentation.
- Acts as the food service weekend manager on duty as necessary.
- Ability to work in a high paced kitchen.
- Ability to produce quality meals, and serve them in a timely manner to the inmate population.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:Please note, when submitting a college/university degree, if selected for this position official transcripts will be required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to speak clearly and correctly to individuals and groups.
- Ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective communication.
- Knowledge of a vocational skill such as food service operations.
- Skill in performing a cocation such as food service operations.
- Ability to work in a training capacity with people in individual and group settings.
- Ability to collect, record and evaluate data relating to the training of individuals.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and other instructional materials.
- Ability to prepare and maintain production logs and other required documentation.
- Ability to multi-task, managing several areas of food service operations at the same time with different inmate workers assigned to different areas and tasks.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures relating to all areas of food service operations.
- Upon completion of training, ability to complete work assignments without constant direct supervision.
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- One year of food service experience or six months of correctional food service experience.
Support of knowledge, skills, and abilities should be demonstrated on the application, in the education, in the work experience, in the work sample, in the interview and/or during reference checks.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above indicated qualification and have the desired education, knowledge and experience, please submit a resume through the People First system. If you experience problems applying on-line, please call the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing date.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act. Nearest Major Market:
Posting ID: 556733658Posted: 2020-05-22