BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to developing great talent.
If you're a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.TIRE SUPERVISORJob Summary
Responsible for managing tire bay operations and gas station operations at the club level, managing tire sales and gas sales, ensuring proper installation and repairs of tires, supervising tire bay and gas station team members, and maintaining tire bay and gas station policies and procedures.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for the proper installation of tires, including mounting, dismounting, rotating, and balancing tires.
- Installs, sells, and repairs tires. Responsible for properly disposing of tires and ensuring propane tanks are filled per club policy.
- Maintains and orders tire installation equipment. Responsible for the safe and proper operation of tire bay equipment.
- Supervises tire bay team members. Ensures that team members work in a safe environment and are following tire bay policies and procedures.
- Trains and develops team members. Assign, supervise and monitor the workload of each team member.
- Assesses team member performance. Provide actionable feedback. Administer coaching for behavior and performance concerns for improvement.
- Provide feedback for team member performance reviews
- Participates in new team member interview process
- Maintains a clean and professional tire bay and waiting area. Merchandises tire displays and automotive products.
- Ensures that knowledgeable service is provided to members at the tire desk. Coordinates with Home Office regarding member tire needs as needed.
- Maintains an accurate and complete supply inventory. Understands and appropriately utilizes available special order tire programs.
- Complies with safety and cleanliness standards. Manages tire bay audits and checklists.
- Ensures that all tire bay scheduling data and documentation is complete and kept up-to-date. Responsible for overseeing tire bay records retention policies and procedures.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
Environmental Job Conditions
- At least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma and/or college degree preferred.
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive automatic and manual transmission vehicles required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Basic supervisory skills required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Knowledge of tires, batteries, propane tanks, and tire bay equipment required.
- Prior tire installation and sales experience preferred; Level 400 certified technician preferred.
- Must pass Michelin training levels one through four within three months of hire.
- Ability to lift over 30 pounds with assistance.
- Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures and weather conditions.
- Most of the time is spent standing and moving about continuously on hard surfaces. Frequent need to bend, climb, crawl, kneel, push, pull, reach, move side to side, stoop, and climb ladders/step stools.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Usually perform job surrounded by moving cars, machinery and/or loud equipment that may require shouting in order to be heard. There may be occasional exposure to company approved chemicals and cleaning agents, and strong smells.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Posting ID: 556733682Posted: 2020-05-22