Agency: Department of Health
Working Title: PUBLIC HEALTH NUTRITIONIST - 64004822
Salary: $1500.00 Bi Weekly
Posting Closing Date: 05/25/2020
- Requires, at a minimum, a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with the major course of study in nutritional science, community nutrition, clinical nutrition or dietetics in accordance with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Association and Florida Chapter 468.
- Requires a current/active license, in good standing, as a Dietitian or Nutritionist in the State of Florida issued by the Division of Medical Quality Assurance.
- Requires travel in various clinic locations and other community partners in Brevard County throughout the day.
- Must be willing to work before, during, and/or beyond normal work hours in the event of an emergency. This includes emergency duties including, but not limited to, response to threats involving any disaster, man-made or natural.
- At least 6 months of work experience providing nutrition counseling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs nutritional assessments on prenatal, postpartum, breastfeeding women, infants and children from birth to five years of age.
- Provides evidence-based nutrition counseling to prenatal, postpartum, breastfeeding women, infants and children from birth to five years of age.
- Determines nutritional risk factors and eligibility for potential clients in the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program.
- Performs anthropometrics (heights and weights) and hematological testing as needed on Women, Infants and Children.
- Accurately documents assessments, care plans, notes and enters correctly into the electronic medical record.
- Promotes WIC though participation in community outreach events.
- Prefer experience working in WIC.
- Prefer the ability to fluently read, write, and speak both English and Spanish or Creole.
This position requires a security background check and/or drug screening and participation in direct deposit. Any misrepresentations or omissions will disqualify you from employment consideration. Note: You will be required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) in order to conduct this background check
Your responses to qualifying questions for this position must be verifiable by documentation provided through the electronic application process. Applicants selected to participate in the skills verification and/or interview process will be contacted by telephone, so please make sure your contact information on the People First Staffing System is current and accurate.
Department of Health Career Service employees enjoy the following benefits:
• State of Florida Retirement package - 3% employee contribution required
• 9 Annual paid holidays
• Ability to earn 104 hours of paid Annual Leave (annually)
• Ability to earn 104 Hours of paid Sick Leave (annually)
• Health insurance for individual or family coverage
• Life insurance
• Additional supplemental insurances available such as dental, disability, etc.
• Tax Deferred Medical and Child Care Reimbursement Accounts available
• Tuition waiver available
Your take home pay can be significantly influenced by your insurance premiums. Compare your current premium with the State of Florida employee premiums!
Monthly employee premium for the standard PPO/HMO:
Single coverage is $50
Family coverage is $180
Monthly employee premium for the High Deductible Health Plan PPO/HMO:
Single coverage is $15
Family coverage is $64.30
This posting could be used to fill future vacancies
This posting may fill multiple positions Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website:http://www.sss.govIf you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system. E-Verifyisoperated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility.If you have difficulty applying for this position, please contact People First at 877-562-7287 for assistance.Incumbent may be required to work before, during and/or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency. Emergency duty required of the incumbent includes working in special needs or Red Cross shelters, or performing other emergency duties including, but not limited to, responses to or threats involving any disaster or threat of disaster, man-made or natural.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.VETERANS' PREFERENCE.
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes,candidates eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply.Candidates claiming Veterans' Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans' Preference documentation requirements are available by clickinghere. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement. Nearest Major Market: