Agency: Department of Corrections
Working Title: FDC-CORRECTIONAL PROBATION OFFICER - MANATEE & SARASOTA COUNTY, FL) 1 1 1
Posting Closing Date: 07/28/2020Come join the Florida Department Correctionsin a rewarding career as aCorrectional Probation OfficerThis is an Open Pool Advertisement for Correctional Probation Officer (full-time) applicants for the State of Florida.To be considered for this position, you must do the following:
Location: Region 3 (Circuit 12)County: Manatee & SarasotaCompensation: Bi-Weekly Salary: $1,170.56 (Trainee) / $1,287.62 (Certified)Qualifications:
- CLICK HEREto download and complete the DC2-855 Supplemental Application.
- Return to this page and click Apply Now.
- Submit the form as an attachment to your People First profile.
- Continue through the application process.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a United States Citizen
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Pass a drug test and physical examination
- Pass a background investigation and fingerprint, which includes; no felony convictions; no misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement; no misdemeanor conviction of domestic violence; no dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States
Must be willing to be reassigned/work at any other Probation and Parole Office within a 50-mile radius within the Judicial Circuit for which you are applying.
Must be willing to temporarily relocate and attend a mandatory 13-15 week academy located near Tallahassee, FL.
While attending the Correctional Probation Officer Academy:
- You will be paid your Trainee Bi-Weekly salary rate.
- Living quarters (dormitories) will be provided at the Department's expense.
- Meals are provided Monday through Friday. Weekends: you are responsible for your meals.
*** Last ten years of employment history must be documented on your application to be considered for this position***
Please visithttp://www.fldocjobs.com/paths/cpo/index.htmlfor additional information about working for the Florida Department of Corrections.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.VETERANS' PREFERENCE.
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes,candidates eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply.Candidates claiming Veterans' Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans' Preference documentation requirements are available by clickinghere. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement. Nearest Major Market:
SarasotaNearest Secondary Market:
Posting ID: 556733753Posted: 2020-05-29