Job ID68149Position LocationUS-FL-TampaFacility NameRegional-Florida-Bay AreaJob CategoryDivisional DCS/DONPosition StatusFT (Full Time)Job OverviewPurpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care employee, you are entrusted with the responsibility of carrying out your daily tasks and assigned duties while demonstrating Consulate's Core Values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. You are expected to provide innovative, responsible results with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results. The primary purpose of your job position is to plan, coordinate and manage the nursing department of a care center.Job Functions
As Divisional Director of Clinical Services, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of nursing care and services provided to residents. Provide coverage, stabilization and progression of the business plan during times of vacancies and on-boarding of newly hired leaders. You may be asked by the supervisors or mangers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in his job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the nursing staff for the provision of quality and appropriate resident / patient care that meets or exceeds company and regulatory standards.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget for the living center. Monitors monthly performance of nursing services in relation to budget and intervenes as needed.
- Schedule and performs rounds to monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of nursing care.
- Maintain administrative authority, responsibility and accountability for the proper charting and documentation of care, medications and treatments.
- Hire nursing staff, oversee the provision of orientation/training by a qualified Director of Education and retains qualified staff to carry out nursing programs and services. Reviews employee performance and conducts periodic performance appraisals timely.
- Develop and implements the written staffing plan and nursing schedule that reflects the needs of the resident and patient population.
- Evaluate current and potential residents and patients to determine and maintain living center's ability to provide appropriate level of care.
- Maintain regular and ongoing communication with the living center's Medical Director to identify educational needs for staff and provide quality care and services to meet the needs of residents.
- Manage clinical aspects of state or federal government survey processes.
- Conduct daily Clinical Start-up meeting with the interdisciplinary team to review resident and patient status.
- Attend the weekly "at risk" meeting and reviews modifications to residents' and patient's plan of care.
- Oversee and monitors the Resident Assessment process for accuracy, attends care planning conferences periodically to determine compliance with care planning guidelines.
- Collect, reviews, and analyzes clinical outcome data and determines trends. Brings identified concerns to the QA&A committee for development of appropriate plans of action.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to responsibilities.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures and participate in quality improvement and safety programs.
- Promote the vision, mission, and values of Consulate Health Care within and to customers outside the facility.
- Must be computer literate, excellent working knowledge of all pertinent software.
- Must stay in compliance with all state, federal, and government agencies.
- Embrace Consulate's five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion, and incorporate them into daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess, as a minimum, an RN Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must hold an maintain a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in assigned state - state specific licensing is not required for assignments where individual is not acting as the Director Nursing Services.
- Minimum five (5) years management or supervisory experience in long-term care or acute care.
- Restorative or geriatric nursing experience preferred.
- Proven track record in performance management and effective leadership.
- Must possess current CPR Certification.
- Ability to build a successful team.
- Ability to building partnerships.
- Business acumen and strategic decision making required.
- Ability to coach and develop others.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Ability to delegate responsibility to others.
- Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Ability to keep the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Ability to obtain information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; committing to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Must possess the ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentation to top management.
- Must have the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read financial statements, plan, and prepare budget by integrating company strategic goals.
- Must be proficient in personal computer skills helpful but not necessary to include electronic mail, record keeping, routing database activity, word processing, spreadsheet applications, graphic, etc.
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Able to prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
- Demonstrates understanding of the health care industry and the organization's business practices and procedures; understands current and future policies, practices, trends and information affecting the business/industry.
- Demonstrates a firm understanding of applicable federal, state, and local regulations covering all aspects of business including but not limited to Finance, Clinical, Human Resources etc., in addition to accrediting organization standards.
Posting ID: 556733931Posted: 2020-05-22