Job ID68288Position LocationUS-FL-Vero BeachFacility NameConsulate Health Care of Vero BeachJob CategoryRNPosition Location : Street1310 37th StreetPosition Location : Zip32960-4860Position StatusFT (Full Time)Job OverviewAn extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a culture you can be proud of by joining one of the nations' top Long Term Care, Skilled Nursing health care providers in our dynamic facility located in Vero Beach, FL.
As one of America's top leading providers of medical services and rehabilitation for elderly patients in communities across the nation, Consulate Health Care provides the highest standard of services for short-term and long-term care needs. Our professionals impact our organization, our clients, and their families in a variety of constructive ways, every day. Even as we've grown to become the sixth-largest provider in the nation and the largest in the Sunshine State, it's the little things we do while fulfilling our mission statement of "Providing Service with Our Hearts and Hands" that really make the difference.
A position with Consulate Health Care means more than just a paycheck. We believe in creating a positive environment that reinforces your efforts to succeed and supports your long-term career development. We offer the opportunity to work with large corporation, but with the benefit of a small company feel!Purpose of Your Job Position
As a RN Risk Manager
, you are entrusted with the responsibility of carrying out your daily tasks and assigned duties while demonstrating Consulate's Core Values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. You are expected to provide responsible, consistent results with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results. The primary purpose of the Center's Risk Manager is to ensure Risk Management and Quality Assurance Performance Improvement policies and procedures are followed at the Center level.Job Functions
As Risk Manager you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for serving as support and initial contact for all Risk Management/Quality Assurance issues. This position is a non-supervisory function. You may be asked by your supervisor to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.Duties & Responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Meets at least monthly with the QAPI Committee.
- Participates in select meetings relating to assessment and provision of patient/resident care including Standards of Care .
- Develops and implements an educational program on Risk Management and Quality Assurance / Performance Improvement for all non-physician personnel that occurs during new employee orientation and at least annually for all employees.
- Participates in all third party surveys including state/AHCA surveys, Ombudsman investigations, Adult Protective Service investigations, and attends all exit conferences. Conducts necessary internal investigations.
- Reviews all patient/resident Complaints and Grievances and assists with investigations and follow up. Categorizes and analyzes trends to determine problem areas to determin plans of focus for improvement.
- Facilitates and communicates realistic expectation setting with patients/residents and Resident Representatives regarding care in the center. Enables open communication related to resolution of concerns. Schedules meetings as necessary to address identified issues.
- Has free access to all patient/resident medical records including paper and electronic files.
- Directly reports to the Center's Executive Director.
- Investigates and analyzes actual and potential risks with the center and assesses accountability potential through medical record review of the following:
- Multiple and severe or unusual incidents/occurrences
- Fall resulting in injury or multiple falls
- In house acquired pressure ulcer
- Weight loss and/or dehydration
- Chronic or intensive pain
- Incident(s) requiring transfer to hospital
- Unexpected/unexplained death
- Significant decline in condition
- Responsible for timely and accurate State / Federal reporting of all mandatory events to required agencies and law enforcement.
- Reviews documentation tools, practics and techniques, assesses compliance with poloties and protocols across disciplines, and provides training and education related to documentation weaknesses.
- Nursing degree required (minimum LPN, preferred RN).
- Skilled Nursing Experience preferred.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate medical information to both clinical associates and non-clinical (layman) contacts.
- Functional experience with current MS Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
ind123Company OverviewWhere Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve - so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication
- these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of "Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands"
. The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer's and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients