BAE Systems has an immediate need for a highly qualified Senior Program Manager to help lead portions of a U. S. Navy program involving weapon system integration. The role will report directly to the Director of Navy Strategic Programs within the Mission Solutions business area.
To be successful, the candidate must be skilled in business processes that enable effective program structuring and execution, have keen financial acumen, and exhibit leadership behaviors that enable effective planning, monitoring, and control.
The ability to communicate, coordinate, collaborate, and lead in a visible and proactive manner is an imperative aspect of the role, and will be evaluated equally alongside specific, applied experiences. Experience with contract management procedures, financial accounting and reporting systems, and resource allocation processes is required. The ideal candidate will be highly engaging, team-oriented, customer-focused, and able to respond rapidly to a dynamic programmatic environment.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Functional management over operations, scheduling, control account management, and quality teams
- Leading the planning and execution of strategic investment programs;
- Budgeting and managing annual overhead expenditures;
- Serving as one of the primary program management interfaces between executive/senior level customers and the BAE Systems program organization, facilitating a successful partnership and approach to contract execution and financial salient performance;
- Collaborating with business and program leaders to identify opportunities for synergy and operational agility;
- Supporting new business capture and proposal activities.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor s Degree in applicable field and at least 12 years related work experience
- Ability to obtain Top Secret DoD security clearance
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Strong financial management experience
- Experience with business capture and proposal strategy/authoring
- Experience managing services contracts within the Department of Defense
- Ability to develop strategic vision and execute against a strategic plan
- Knowledge of corporate business planning cycles and integrated business plan development and execution strategies
- Experience managing personnel
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Experience with BAE Systems Operational Framework and Life Cycle Management processes
- Active Secret or Top Secret DoD clearance
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.