Job Description Your new career is waiting here!
BAE Systems, a global defense, aerospace and security company employing more than 88,200 people worldwide, with wide-ranging products and services covering air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. BAE Systems, Inc. is a top-ten prime contractor
to the U.S. Department of Defense, well positioned to support customers in what is the world's largest defense market is HIRINGNOW
We are seeking to hire a Lead Hardware Engineer
to support a new program and exciting program.Job Summary
The selected candidate will lead a team of technicians responsible for supporting the physical integrations (rack, stack, cabling), deployment and sustainment of development and operational systems. She/he will lead the research and evaluation processes and utilize best practices to create and modify Deployment Packages (Microsoft Excel), Rack Elevations (Microsoft Excel), Master Cable Lists (Microsoft Excel), and Wiring Diagrams (Visio). Primary Responsibilities
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Identify and assign tasks to team members and track and review progress against planned milestones for a team of hardware technicians.
- Assemble devices and equipment and perform initial physical integrations of multi-rack systems.
- Support deployments of multi-rack systems both CONUS and OCONUS.
- Provide support for a lab consisting of 100 racks to include physical integrations, power, space and cooling estimates, power testing, and monitoring and troubleshooting of hardware.
- Develop installation plans and coordinate redesign efforts with system administration and system engineering teams.
- Establish and conduct test cases and coordinate with system and network engineers in troubleshooting suspected failed components, including hard drives, memory, batteries, cables, motherboards and processors.
- Operate electronics test equipment: fiber and copper test sets, OTDRs, multi-meters, etc.
- Plan and implement data center enhancements and undertake lab and deployment-related special project work.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field and at least 8 years of related experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and blueprints.
- Experience maintaining network and server documentation and diagrams.
- Must be able to routinely lift 35 lbs.
- Experience with data center design and configuration (rack and stack, power, placement, etc.).
- Familiarity with network, server, and/or Data Center security accreditation and certification.
- Must be available to perform short-duration travel to support deployments.
- Must be available to provide after-hours surge support when needed to meet customer requirements.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Familiarity with server/router/firewall configuration and application performance optimization functions.
- Experience with network and server component moves.
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
- Experience with Agile practices and Scrum Management.
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.