Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Provides administrative support to a senior field manager including: Sr Managing Director, Managing Director and Market Director. Assists with special projects, research, and resolving problems. Schedules meetings, drafts memos, transcribes notes, and creates presentations, generates reports, and prepares and monitors invoices and expenses.
Market Leader Administrative Support
• Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics
• Conserves manager's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
• Maintains manager's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
• Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
• Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
• Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Distribute and cascade down the hierarchy market leader directives, bulletins and decisions that impact the division and/or market
• Assist the market leader in review of budgets and consolidate for submission to the corporate budget office
• Coordinates project-based work
• Process accounts payable and other accounting support transactions as required
• Maintain processes to ensure compliance with policies and procedures including SOX administration and audit
• Reviews operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
• Train others on policies, procedures and new company initiatives
• Provides guidance on company enterprise systems including: Workday, HMIS, SpendSmart
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Liaises with internal staff at all levels
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Six (6) years of experience working in a customer-focused and fast-paced professional environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must have advanced computer, internet and word processing skills
• Working knowledge of office equipment including calculators, copiers, printers, fax machines, telephone console
• Effective communication skills both orally and in writing
• Answering telephone courteously and in a polite manner with a goal to meet or exceed internal and external customer expectations.
• High level of compassion and integrity
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to multi task and set priorities
• Detail oriented
• Must be able to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision
• Creative and organized
• Excellent customer service skills
• High energy and understands confidentiality matters and documents
• Limited amount of local and/or multiple location traveling required
• Professional Dress is required when in contact with families
• Sitting continuously for many hours per day, up to 6 hours per day
• Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
• Working beyond "standard" hours as the need arises
• Travel up to 25%
Postal Code: 60462
Category (Portal Searching): Administration and Clerical
Job Location: US-IL - Orland Park
Req ID: Req.82514
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life.
"SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V