Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Provides administrative support to a funeral home, cemetery, crematory or a combination of these facilities. Assists with special projects, research, and resolving problems. Schedules meetings, drafts memos, transcribes notes, creates presentations, generates reports, and prepares and monitors invoices and expenses.
• Schedules meetings
• Makes travel arrangements
• Plans events
• Completes management expense reports
• Responds to inquiries in writing and or verbally
• Pulls monthly reports
• Enters contract details into information system and maintains other related documents
• Orders and checks memorial to ensure accuracy
• Processes annual funeral home and cemetery license renewals
• Codes and scans invoices
• Processes accounts payable and other accounting support transactions
• Receives incoming telephone calls and assist callers with any questions or comments, direct calls to appropriate team members
• Schedules call-in appointments for Sales
• Files and maintains customer information
• Maintains office and facility supplies as well as fax machines, copiers and network printers
• Prepares daily schedules
• Administers HR processes including new hire paperwork, background checks and bonus processing
• Maintains processes to ensure compliance with policies and procedures including SOX administration and audit
• Trains others on policies, procedures and new company initiatives
• Maintains a friendly attitude offering assistance and guidance to all persons entering the location
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 3 years of experience working in a customer-focused and fast-paced professional environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must have advanced computer, internet and word processing (typing minimum of 40 - 60 wpm) skills
• Working knowledge of office equipment including calculators, copiers, printers, fax machines, telephone console
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
• Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
• High level of compassion and integrity
• Ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision
Postal Code: 46809
Category (Portal Searching): Administration and Clerical
Job Location: US-IN - Fort Wayne
Req ID: Req.85469
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life.
"SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Posting ID: 556734286Posted: 2020-05-22