Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Manage the daily operations of a single Cemetery location and single line of business within the Funeral Home industry. Foster a sense of ownership in the location and pride in the staff, manage costs in a disciplined manner, and encourage profitable case volume growth. Responsible for short-term planning as well as achieving annual sales revenue and production targets, Profit & Loss (P&L) goals, developing a professional and effective staff, and exceeding client family expectations.
• Work with local and Market Leadership to develop annual business plan and budget as well as financial, production and revenue goals
• Accountable for monitoring and achieving annual financial goals
• Approve expenditures and invoices including overtime
• Manage the daily activities ensuring on-time services
• Assure the location's operating practices comply with applicable federal and state regulations and Company policies
• Establish location goals and priorities
• Effectively present and communicate Company and Market strategies, values, and goals to staff
• Manage frontline supervisor's responsibilities, expectations, and accountabilities
• Collaborate with local Management for resource sharing, ideas, and business or operational enhancements
• Work with Market Leadership and Corporate Departments on product, process, and technology needs and improvements
• Ensure the maintenance of buildings, facilities, and grounds are clean, manicured, and working order, budgeting appropriately for repairs including equipment and furniture
• Develop a strong, trusting, and reliable team
• Understand team members' career aspirations and provide assignments to develop skills and or close gaps
• Monitor training and licensing requirements, ensuring staff is re-trained/licensed prior to expiration
• Responsible for screening candidates, hiring and promoting staff, performance reviews, developmental plans and terminations
• Collaborate with Human Resources and Market Leadership for recruiting and retention
• Participate in community, civic, or other organizations as a part of the local promotional efforts of the location and the Company
• Develop and or implement plans to improve customer satisfaction index and on-line community reviews
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Technical schooling diploma or Mortuary Science preferred
• Minimum five (5) years industry experience in the applicable discipline with progressively increased responsibilities
• Minimum (2) years of experience managing people or projects
• Budgeting and expense control experience strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
• Financial and business acumen
• Proficient in MS Office suite
• Excellent customer service skills
• Professional interpersonal skills as well as cultural sensitivity and tactfulness to interact with a variety of cultures and language barriers
Postal Code: 20785
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: US-MD - Hyattsville
Req ID: Req.84892
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life.
"SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Posting ID: 556734290Posted: 2020-05-22