Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Maintains the overall appearance of cemetery, mausoleum and/or funeral home locations, which may include: maintenance and grounds keeping, locating grave sites, digging graves, installing crypt faces, conducting interments, entombments and inurnments, and simple repairs and maintenance tasks.
• Cuts grass, maintains lawn, trims around trees, walkways and memorial markers, lays sod, moves and removes flowers to and from chapel and graveside
• Clears debris and maintains drives and walkways which may require snow removal depending on location
• Erects tents, canopies and arranges chairs for graveside ceremony
• Assists with setup for openings and closings for interments, entombments and inurnments
• Arranges chapel for services
• Prepares crypts for entombments
• Under supervision, may operate backhoe to dig graves without damage to surrounding vaults, markers or monuments
• Installs grave markers, bronze memorials, crypt faces, etc.
• Maintains and repairs existing markers and other cemetery features
• Maintains, services, cleans and properly stores equipment
• General maintenance of vehicles
• Cleans and maintains facility to include performing minor repairs, painting, etc.
• Observe safety rules and ensure compliance with the operating procedures of corporate, federal, state and local regulations, including OSHA regulations and Safety and Environmental guidelines.
• High school education or equivalent or relevant work experience
• Minimum 6 months of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to operate hand-held tools and equipment, including, but not limited to a shovel, pick, rake, sledge hammer, lawn mower, weed trimmer and leaf blower
• Ability to accurately use measuring devices (i.e. tape measure, yard-stick, etc.)
• Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
• Ability to lift up to 150 with equipment assistance
• Ability to push and pull up to 300 lbs.
• Ability to communicate effectively with associates, contractor personnel and client families
• Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
• Ability to adapt to changing work schedules and multi-tasking
• Basic computer skills to enable retrieving and responding to email communications
Postal Code: 78572
Category (Portal Searching): Cemetery Maintenance
Job Location: US-TX - Mission
Req ID: Req.85927
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life.
"SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V