Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Manages and coordinates the operational activities of a funeral home, cemetery and/or crematory operation. Ensures the highest quality services and products, to satisfy the need of any client family, to maximize budgeted profit plans for the location, and maintain a positive employee relations atmosphere.
Accounting Function Oversight
• Collections of all accounts receivable
• Verifications and payments of all accounts payable invoices
• Controls of receipt and deposit of cash payments received
• Maintains petty cash account and disburses the same in accordance with company policies and procedures
• Reconciliations of all accounts
• Cash advance checks
• Same Day Check requests
• Bank deposits
• Verifies/audits cash disbursement reports
• Tracks Capital Expenditure Authorizations (CEAs)
• Orders supplies for the office and completes inventory counts
• Coordinates the processing of orders and receipt of all merchandise orders including memorials and caskets and the control of storage inventory for vaults and markers, urns and caskets
• Oversees the processing of installation funeral-related orders and orders to the grounds and maintenance departments
• Supports location management to ensure all contracts and work orders are completed in a timely manner with proper documentation
• Schedules incoming orders and drivers for the ambulate service
• Completes various funeral/cemetery reports and files accurately
• Supports Sales as necessary requiring an understanding of JD Powers
• Assures compliance with all Company policies and procedures to include
o Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) audit
o Dignity University (DU) training
o Interment Verification Training (IVT) audits
o Day Sales Outstanding's (DSO) related to financial and administrative areas
• Assists in preparing and/or overseeing all funeral/cemetery-related forms
• Reviews time cards and administers corporate payroll policies and procedures
• Administers local Human Resources (HR) processes such as processing new hire paperwork, verifying pre-need sales licenses, maintaining employee files and other confidential files (I9's, etc.).
• Ensures new associates receive new hire orientation
• Pulls monthly reports from reporting site and create stack ranking reports for key performance indicators
• Maintains vehicle records/licenses
• Processes expense reports
• Updates General Price Lists (GPLs)
• Manages all Alarm Systems (codes, working order, etc.)
• Assists with funeral services and "Making Everlasting Memories" (MEMs) as needed
• Coordinates daily activities with business unit as well as other departments
• Trains associates in the proper administration of policies and procedures
• Services customers by interacting with families in a professional and compassionate manner
• Maintains and updates customer records
• Updates company website with current obituaries and ensures obituaries are placed in newspapers
• Provides a collaborative, productive workplace environment for associate growth and development that instills pride, a sense of ownership, and the challenge to associates to exceed expectations
• Behaves in a supportive way to enrich the work environment
• Uses customer feedback in conjunction with Sales to improve location administration and strengthen individual associate performance
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma, GED or completion of a diploma-training program at a college or technical school
• Two (2) years bookkeeping, general office, clerical accounting, and Accounts Payable experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Solid working knowledge of computers, typewriter, MS Office, e-mail, internet and basic office equipment required
• Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
• High level of compassion, integrity, and confidentiality
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to multi task and set priorities
• Detail oriented
• Must be flexible and able to function in a face-paced environment
• Professional Dress is required when in contact with families.
• Sitting continuously for many hours per day, up to 6 hours per day
• Climbing stairs to access buildings frequently
• Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
• Working beyond "standard" hours as the need arises
Postal Code: 53144
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: US-WI - Kenosha
Req ID: Req.85932
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life.
"SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Posting ID: 556734361Posted: 2020-05-22