At Dungarvin, we are creating something special. A Minnesota based industry leader for over 40 years, we are looking to add an experienced and committed human service professional to support individuals with disabilities. If you are looking to make a difference, if you are creative and solution focused, if you are interested in growing in your career, we want you on our team!
Working as a community support staff you will assist individuals in one-on-one settings as you support them in leading happy, healthy and more independent lives. You will provide support with a variety of activities including support with finances, community engagement, family involvement, health care, household management, on-the-job supports and other areas of daily living that the individual served may have difficulty addressing independently.
In the community support staff position, candidates will also have the opportunity to develop skills key to career advancement in human services including attending and leading team meetings, writing progress reports and assisting the supervisor in maintaining consistency in service provision and communication with support team members.
Community support staff work in both community and in-home settings.
Candidates should have a desire to create lasting, positive impacts on peoples' lives and enjoy coaching, mentoring and encouraging others to reach their goals. If you enjoy spending 1:1 time with individuals and giving them the support they need in order to thrive and become more independent, then this is the setting for you.
Community support staff must have a sincere desire to provide direct service to persons with disabilities
- Education, training, or two years equivalent experience in working with developmentally disabled and/or mental illness, as determined by the supervisor.
- Must be responsible, reliable, and able to carry out job functions without direct supervision.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- Adept in the use of technology
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Current auto liability insurance
- Reliable transportation
- Acceptable criminal and driving record
- Flexible schedules including part-time and full-time opportunities; day, evening and weekend shifts available
- 401(k) plan available
- Competitive paid time off accrual
- Paid training
- Group insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision and life)
- Employee referral bonus program
- Paid driving time
- Mileage reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities in a large organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting ID: 556734393Posted: 2020-05-22