Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Services client families during funerals, visitations, and interment. Assists in the implementation of choices made by the families/legal representative regarding the funeral, final disposition of the body and memorialization of the individual. Provides exemplary customer service in all areas of helping client families following the loss of a loved one. Ensures customer needs are met directly or through appropriately licensed individuals.
• Arranges, conducts and directs bereavement rites, including funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized and caring manner consistent with Company Policies and Procedures
• Confirms authorization to proceed with the service arrangements
• Ensures client families are informed of special recognition/services available for veterans and ensures the delivery of selected recognition/services
• Assists with funeral services by: coordinating the parking of cars, ushering, driving funeral vehicles, assisting at chapel and church services and at the cemetery; delivering flowers, caskets, urn, photos and other personal keepsakes or mementos of client families, and; sets up and removes chairs
• In absence of Family Service Counselor, provides aftercare including delivery of: documentation; stationery; information on insurance, health benefits and pension, and; pre-arrangements for next of kin
• Ensures potential pre-need referrals are shared with Family Service Counselors
• Ensures adherence to all applicable professional, municipal, state/provincial and federal licensing authorities, rules and regulations
• Prepares and accurately completes documents and online entries related to services, cremations, maintenance
• Assists with general office duties including answering phones and preparing reports as necessary
• Assist with the maintenance of vehicles, the facility and property
• Receives caskets and other funeral home supplies as well as place into inventory
• Ensures refreshments are available (where allowed by law)
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years related experience as a Funeral Assistant
• Current state/province issued driver's license with an acceptable driving record
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Basic knowledge of religious and fraternal organizations customs
• Knowledge of computers and some software including MS Office Suite required
• High level of compassion and integrity
• Good communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to multi task and set priorities
• Detail oriented
Postal Code: 94513
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: US-CA - Brentwood
Req ID: Req.83982
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life.
"SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Posting ID: 556734405Posted: 2020-05-22