Job Description Summary Job Description
Job Grade: H05GENERAL FUNCTION:
- Run auto inspection machines and assist in Changeovers, and trouble-shooting machines in the Cannula Department.
- Perform 100% Inspect Qc checks, and check material into SAP .
- Support the activities of the department as necessary to meet objectives.
- The nature of these jobs requires flexibility and adaptability as condition change.
- Assist QC Manufacturing Representative and /or QC Technician in performing machine and process capability studies, etc.
OPERATOR WILL BE RESPONSIBLE AND PERFORM AS FOLLOWS:
- Must be able to read, understand and follow hazardous waste handling procedures to comply with EPA requirements.
- Must be able to use a microscope
- Run Auto Inspect machines.
- Check material in at Post Soni -Clean.
- Be able to 100% inspect cartridges before shipment.
- Know processes and QC Specifications.
- Maintain equipment performance.
- Make process equipment adjustments, as required so that continuous work patterns and operations are maintained.
- Clean up as required.
1. To keep product flowing through the operation or task assigned.
2. Perform correct QC checks and fill out QC charts.
3. Knowledgeable and skilled in use of hand tools.
4. Must comply with all regulatory standards.ADDITIONAL GENERAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Due to the nature of specialty needle production, additional equipment and job duties may be added as deemed necessary by department coordinator.
2. Must maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area and equipment.
3. Use macroscope, microscope, calipers, laser rotation, or other test equipment to perform QC requirements.RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reports directly to shift coordinator and has no authority over others. Able to work effectively in a team, accurately and with limited supervision.
2. Executes additional duties as required by coordinator.
3. Must be familiar with all specifications as outlined in Quality Control Specifications, blueprints and GMP manuals which pertain to this operation.
4. Must comply with department protective clothing, safety and management policies.
5. Must be familiar with specifications and documentation associated with operations of this position. Understand Process Specifications, Preventative Maintenance and Quality System Manual, blueprints and GMP manuals which pertain to this operation.
6. The operations of this position may specify use of chemicals. In such cases, completion of periodic Resource Conservation and Recovery Act and Right-to-Know training will be required for these chemicals.
7. Be available to report to work during off shift hours to meet customer's needs.Required Knowledge, Experience, Skills & AbilitiesLevel of Education/Knowledge needed:Minimum Requirements
- High School diploma or GED
Level of Experience needed:Minimum Requirements
- Knowledgeable of ISO & FDA regulations and BD Quality policies
Level of Skills Needed:Minimum Requirements:
- No previous experience required.
- Previous manufacturing experience desired.
- Experience with vision systems desired
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Work with others (interpersonal skills)
- Give and receive feedback
- Train others
- Solve problems and make informed decisions
- Plan and organize job tasks
- Set priorities and timelines
- Communicate (both verbally and in writing)
- Break down tasks into their parts
- Take initiative (see what needs to be done and then do it)
- Desired Skills:
- Proficiency using:
- Precision measuring instruments
- BD inspection methods and documentation
PCP Level defined as a 2.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (West) Additional Locations Work Shift
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.