Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Responsible for participating in the analysis of business processes, application requirements, development of detail project specifications, and the development and implementation of major business initiatives.
Data Analysis & Presentation
• Develops business insights based on analysis of results, and communicate key findings to various members of management to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
• Assists in the development of measurement processes/methods for assessing progress towards goals and project outcomes.
• Leads efforts to define business and systems requirements including documenting processes, business requirements and resulting technology needs.
• Prepares reports, performs analyses, and evaluates opportunities.
• Develops polished executive-level presentations and confidently delivers the information to internal business associates and external clients in a clear and concise fashion.
• Assists in identifying best practices through a review of processes.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with various departments.
• Gathers appropriate resources to complete assigned projects on time and within budget.
• Escalates obstacles/issues to meeting timelines and deliverables.
• Reports project status according to prescribed timelines for a given project.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, IT or directly related field.
• Four (4) years' experience as a Business Analyst.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Communicates effectively in both written and oral
• Knowledge in operational business processes and systems
• Proficient in various software programs, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Demonstrated knowledge of process improvement
• Strong knowledge of project management methodologies and processes
• Good leadership, inter-personal and motivational skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills with all levels of management, end-users and peers
• Understanding of databases, logic views, query tools, and standard file layouts for conversions and interfaces
When considering the work environment associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Work indoors during all seasons and weather conditions
• Limited amount of local and/or multiple location traveling required
• Standard business dress is required
When considering the work postures associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Sitting continuously for many hours per day, up to 6 hours per day
When considering the physical demands associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Physical effort requiring manual dexterity is required, includes paperwork, calculators, computers and phone usage
When considering the work hours associated with this job, the following factors may apply:
• Working a number of evenings every month
Postal Code: 77019
Category (Portal Searching): Information Technology
Job Location: US-TX - Houston
Req ID: Req.84480
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life.
"SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Posting ID: 556734457Posted: 2020-05-22