Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Take directions from the Funeral Service Director to provide excellent service to grieving families on the day of the funeral service; assist with funeral services, escort processions to gravesites, assist during visitation hours, assist at Reception Center, drive limousines, and assist with the general public and client families in a professional, courteous, and compassionate manner. Direct graveside services and mortuary chapel services as needed. Help the family to establish positive memories by helping to ensure a compassionate and caring funeral service.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Assist with funeral services preparations and at the Reception Center.
• Use knowledge of cemetery lawns and gravesite locations to assist customers.
• At all times, set the example in presenting warmth, compassion, empathy, good manners, and diplomacy to grieving family members and guests. Present a genuine smile out of kindness.
• Use knowledge of various religions and cultural funeral ceremony customs to provide outstanding service to every family.
• Abide by the Company dress code and any department requests regarding work attire.
• Report the need for vehicle or facility maintenance.
• Prepare required reports on time, and actively participate in staff meetings.
• Answer telephones using proper etiquette.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with Company employees.
• Handle customer changes with willingness, friendliness, and a "can-do" attitude; accommodate customer needs with flexibility to ensure a high level of positive customer service.
• Must be able to multi-task, set priorities, and organize work.
• Must complete all assignments and responsibilities as directed, and in a timely manner.
• Adhere to Company policies, procedures, rules, and controls.
• Adhere to safety rules and regulations, and report unsafe practices to management.
• Act on customer complaints to provide satisfactory resolution.
• Understand and achieve annual SMART goals.
• Participate in training and skill development opportunities to improve competency and customer service.
• May be asked to support the Flower Receiving Area, Professional Services Department and Stateroom Desk with various tasks when necessary. These tasks include receiving and delivering flower tributes, escorting processions within RHMP, conducting removals of human remains, dressing human remains, transporting casketed human remains to various locations, setting up visitation rooms and welcoming/assisting guests and visitors.
• Report to work on time and maintain standard attendance.
Experience and Education
• Previous customer service experience with stable employment history
• High School Diploma or GED
• CA Drivers' License and good driving record
• Ability to read maps and follow directions
• Safely drive Company vehicles
• Excellent interpersonal relations skills
• Detail mindedness
• Problem solving skills
• Self-motivated and flexible
• Warmth, compassion, empathy
• Diplomacy under pressure
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and differentiate level of importance
• High level of communication and listening skill
• Cultural sensitivity to the diverse community that Rose Hills serves
• Ability to work positively with other people
• Ability to accept instructions from co-workers
• Basic PC skill with MSWord and Outlook
• AS400 familiarity
• HBV vaccination
Work mostly indoors and occasionally outdoors up to 30 hours per week (part-time) in all weather conditions coordinating and conducting funeral services for grieving families. The atmosphere can be heavy with grief and sad emotions. Incumbent must be able to work effectively in this atmosphere by not letting it affect his/her ability to provide the level of professional service that families expect. Must be able to remain positive, calm, and composed during stressful situations; and present a professional appearance at all times. Must work daily with interruptions and changing schedules; be able to work a flexible schedule, depending on business needs; work in two- to four-hour blocks of time; work occasional evenings and/or weekends and holidays.
Work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions; handle emotional situations with professionalism; be able to lift, pull, push up to approximately 75# (caskets, human remains); must be able to work with and around human remains.
Equipment / Machines Operated
• PC with MSOffice software and printer
• Fax machine
• Caskets on rollers
• Company Vehicles
Postal Code: 91801
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: US-CA - Alhambra
Req ID: Req.82368
Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life.
"SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V