General Motors - Manufacturing Team Members - Kokomo, INProduction Team Members (Assembler, Quality Inspector, or Logistics)
Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our team. We have used the best medical and scientific data available, guidance from the CDC and input from the UAW to develop screening, cleaning and social strategies for all our facilities. Safety protocols will involve a multi-layered approach that includes frequent hand washing, temperature screening, additional cleaning of workstations and common areas, continued physical distancing, wearing a mask and safety glasses. All these protections work together to keep us safe.
For additional information about the actions we are taking, visit gm.com/coronavirus. About GM
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career.The RoleTo help meet the country's critical need for ventilators, we're looking for production team members to assist in the immediate effort to convert our Kokomo, IN plant for the production of Ventec ventilators.
- Full-Time temporary positions working as a direct employee of General Motors, located at our Kokomo Components Holding plant.
- Starting wage is $16.67 per hour. Holiday pay and health care options after 90 days
- Candidates must be willing to work any shift (1st, 2nd, or 3rd)
- Overtime hours are possible and may be available
- Relocation is NOT available for this position.
The types of roles that are available:Assembler
: Production/Assembly Team Members are responsible for assembly, quality checks, tool changes, and problem solving of manufacturing process and equipment.Quality Inspector
: Production/Quality Inspector Team Members are responsible for measuring dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers and CMM.Logistics
: Production/Logistics Team Members are responsible for moving freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers, by hand or using other equipment.Work requirements of the Production Team Member may position include:
Physical demands include:
- Perform repetitive sitting (bench), and standing (floor) precision assembly and test work for a minimum of 8 to 10 hours per day. Saturday and Sunday work may be required.
- Work requires the ability to read, understand, and follow work instructions in defined sequence.
- Must be comfortable with interacting and using computers. Interactions may include logging/entering data, navigating screens, scanning, and verification of standardized work performed.
- Work will involve using small hand positioning and precise movements.
- Must have high level of dexterity to work with small parts (e.g. similar to eye glass screw)
- Tool and equipment use will include small presses and simple tools such as tweezers. Equipment will include use of manual screw drivers extensively.
- First responder support of production machining and/or assembly environment. This entails use of computerized equipment and activities to include machine resets, quality, and utilizing standardized work instructions.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and perform tasks on all equipment in assigned workspace.
- Perform simple predictive, preventative, and reactive maintenance activities.
- Move materials to and from the production line.
- Must be able to work and adapt in fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Must be able to function in a manufacturing team environment where Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles are highly integrated.
- Regular on-time attendance is expected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees are regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally climb stairs, stoop and bend to lift objects. Additionally, a successful candidate will have the ability to quickly and accurately recognize numbers and symbols.Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which include comprehensive assessments, drug testing, and a background check.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to work any shift as well as possible overtime hours.
If this opportunity excites you, please click Continue to complete an application for the Kokomo, IN region. You may only have ONE (1) application on file, so if you've applied to another job and wish to be considered for this position, please email GMsupport@psionline.com.
to have your application transferred. The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any step in the hiring process, email us at GMsupport@psionline.com. Please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and be prepared to provide documentation supporting the request.