At Jabil,we empower the brands who empower the world
- it's our reason for being and the guiding force that's driving us to become themost technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet.
Whether we're serving one of the world's biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place. JOB SUMMARY
Work as part of a multi-disciplined automation integration team. Primarily responsible for the assembly of standard and custom End-Of-Arm Tools, assembly of Bench Top Inspection and assembly equipment. Position will be on 1st Shift, 2nd Shift or Friday - Sunday Weekend Shift. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assembly of automation systems and assembly equipment. Also assist in the start-up, debugging, tuning and acceptance
- Assembly of End-Of-Arm Tools. Including Mechanical, Pneumatic and Electrical tie ins.
- Work within the department to assist in conducting proof of concept experiments.
- Assist in the concepting, design and construction as needed
- Give input to engineering staff for areas of machine improvements.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONSKNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Typically reports to Management.
- Job isNOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to use considerable judgement to plan and perform unusual and difficult work where only general methods are available.
- Ability to make broad decisions involving considerable initiative and ingenuity.
- Ability to set-up and configure electrical devices.
- Ability to program robotic sequences.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings, electrical and pneumatic schematics and logic
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- 2-4 years Machinist back ground or 6 years job experience in a similar role the plastics or automation industry.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Posting ID: 556734778Posted: 2020-05-22