At Jabil,we empower the brands who empower the world
- it's our reason for being and the guiding force that's driving us to become themost technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet.
Whether we're serving one of the world's biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place. SUMMARY:
Responsible for performing inspection and/or audits of quality control programs. Performs packaging line and manufacturing inspections, and sampling and testing of completed products. Performs first article inspections (FAIs) and visual inspections, Ensures raw materials, in-process and finished products meet company standards. May apply approval or rejection labels to material once analytical data is evaluated. Minimizes down time by reducing production rework and recalls. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Applies job skills and company policies and procedures to complete a wide range of difficult tasks.
- Works on assignments that are simple in nature.
- Normally receives some instruction on routine work, specific instruction on new assignments
- Interface with management, engineering and purchasing on issues relating to product performance/quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School; or up to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Machine shop and/or contract manufacturing experience highly preferred.
- Ability to operate CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine)
- Ability to use quality tools such as calipers, profilometers, micrometers, height gauges, etc.
- Ability to use a personal computer and can utilize Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Ability to comprehend, and communicate general procedures and blue prints. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Basic math skills include fractions and decimals. REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work will be performed in a machine shop environment. Employees are expected to observe safe working practices and wear appropriate protective equipment. Any unsafe working conditions or necessary modifications must be reported immediately. Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.