Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for aForklift Operator
who will join our Liquids Manufacturing team inFt. Madison IA
Forklift Operators move pallets of product from our production lines into our warehouse and from our warehouse onto trucks. If you're looking for a fast paced, high energy environment, this could be the role for you!
During this time of uncertainty, Scotts Miracle-Gro is taking extra precautions to protect the health, safety and financial wellness of our associates. We have created a coronavirus (COVID-19) response team and are monitoring the impact of coronavirus daily. We have taken additional measures to ensure proper sanitation of our facilities for our front line associates.What you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- The Warehouse Operator is responsible for facilitating the movement of supplies, materials, and products throughout the facility in a safe and efficient manner.
- Adhere to plant safety rules and programs as it pertains to self and all other associates, including performing audits, safety suggestions, and participation in safety and rotation of jobs.
- Safely and efficiently operate forklift trucks in a fast paced environment around other forklifts, production machinery, and pedestrians.
- Complete daily inspection checklists, fuel changes, and tag out process for repair of powered industrial trucks if needed.
- Responsible for the movement of palletized and non-palletized packaging materials, raw materials, finished goods, display units and pallets within the facility, to and from the production lines as well as loading and unloading trailers.
- Accurately complete and understand required paperwork for internal transfers, bills of lading, supply counts, changeover data, overage/shortage and damage reports, component verification sheets, and others as needed.
- Operate dock locking mechanisms, and chock and block trailers.
- Operate plant inventory control systems effectively and efficiently such as computer mounted and handheld scanning equipment.
- Support production and quality requirements by supplying materials and documentation needed for rework or trials.
- Communicate both verbally and written within the warehouse department, shift to shift, to production and other supporting departments.
- Continuously look for methods, procedural changes, processes or equipment modifications to improve efficiencies and communicate appropriately.
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- Minimum one year experience operating a forklift in a fast-paced manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred.
- Must be able to do basic math functions such as adding, subtracting and dividing.
- Ability to follow directions provided in verbal or non-verbal format.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn multiple job assignments.
- Must be a team player and promote teamwork.
- Available to work any shift and overtime as needed.
- Hightentend safety and sanitation practices.
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Fitness Club Reimbursement ($350).
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per spouse).
- First day of hire, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee resource groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young Professionals.
- 12 SMG paid holiday days and generous vacation policy.
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health
puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. During this year's flu season and the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring our US associates to get a flu vaccine. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.