At CRISPR Therapeutics, we are focused on developing transformative gene-based medicines for serious human diseases. We are rapidly translating our specific, efficient and versatile CRISPR/Cas9 gene-editing platform into therapies to treat hemoglobinopathies, cancer, diabetes and other diseases
Our multi-disciplinary team of world-class researchers and drug developers works every day to translate our CRISPR/Cas9 technology into breakthrough human therapeutics. Our lead program targeting the blood diseases β-thalassemia and sickle cell disease has entered clinical testing, and our immuno-oncology programs, focused on CRISPR/Cas9-edited allogeneic CAR-T cell therapies, have the potential to deliver a new generation of cancer therapies to patients.
As part of the Hematology group, we are seeking a Research Associate II/Sr. Research Associate to join an exciting, fast-growing and well-financed company to develop novel gene editing and cell therapies for serious diseases. Successful candidates will be integral in improving our platform and developing the next generation therapies for hematological diseases. He or she will have strong cellular and molecular biology skills and experience in hematology and/or immunology is ideal but not required. The position requires teamwork, enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a desire to create new therapies for patients with unmet medical needs.
- Conduct time sensitive experiments and analyze data under the direction of a Research Scientist.
- Planning and execution of ex vivo and in vitro cellular assays, including handling mammalian cell culture, cell-based assay development, and flow cytometry (FACS) analysis.
- Develop and perform molecular biology assays, including DNA/RNA analysis, qPCR, ddPCR, and preparation of DNA/RNA libraries for Next Generation Sequencing.
- Assist with processing of large in vivo studies.
- Rigorous and up-to-date record keeping using an electronic lab notebook.
- Prepare research reports, data presentations, and present findings to research groups.
- BS or MS in biology or related discipline and 3-5+ years of relevant research experience.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture techniques.
- Demonstrated experience with DNA/RNA analysis, qPCR and ddPCR or other plate-based assays.
- Proficient in FACS analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Track record of intellectually challenging oneself to enhance scientific abilities.
- Ability to troubleshoot assays with minimal supervision and to work as part of a results-oriented research team.
- Highly organized with significant attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in stem cell biology or related discipline and 5+ years of relevant research experience.
- Experience working with hematopoietic stem cells and/or human induced-pluripotent stem cells is a plus.
- Experience successfully executing CRISPR-based gene editing experiments.
- Prior experience with in vitro assay development, including cell-based and molecular assays attractive.
- Experience in preparing DNA/RNA libraries for Next Generation Sequencing.
- Passion – Creates an environment where there is a true passion for the vision of CRISPR Therapeutics to bring novel medicines to patients suffering from serious diseases.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit/Flexibility – An adventurous spirit, exhibiting ingenuity. A readiness in undertaking a task or project with considerable initiative and risk. The ability to adapt to working effectively within a variety of situations; adapts.
- Communication and Teamwork – Effectively express ideas in written, visual and oral context. The ability to work cooperatively with others; the genuine desire to be a part of a team and contribute to team and corporate goals.
- Results Oriented/Productive Work Habits – Drives issues and tasks to closure and gets the job done. Skilled at analyzing scope of work, as well as planning and executing a successful outcome.
CRISPR Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
To view our Privacy Statement, please click the following link: http://www.crisprtx.com/about-us/privacy-policy
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 557901504Posted: 2020-07-03