- Job Summary
- An armed guard is responsible for and dedicated to the Safety and Security of all Health Systems staff members, visitors, and patients utilizing public relation skills and weapons training to ensure a congenial environment. The Guard practices effective problem identification, applying preventive, protective and defensive tactics, seeks appropriate solutions and requests assistance as necessary. Documents observations and actions in department reports.
- Job Requirements
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Required: No prior experience required; must be 21 years of age.
- Required: Must meet Requirements for Operating Vehicles Owned by CoxHealth System Policy, which includes no serious driving violations during the past five years. Serious violations are defined in the CoxHealth System Policy
- Able to communicate clearly in a variety of situations.
- Basic computer skills.
- Required: Active Driver's License
- Required: Complete department specific training to carry firearms within 30 days of hire
- Required: Must obtain IAHSS Security Officer certification within 90 days of hire
Posting ID: 558253289Posted: 2020-05-21