Area Manager - Atlanta, Georgia Position Description and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities include business development support, high-level fieldwork, and operational management of environmental consulting and related projects in Georgia. Provide senior-level project management and technical expertise, as well as perform a key entrepreneurial role in the development of new projects and clients. Support the regional sales developer including preparation of proposals, grant writing, and networking and identifying new client relationships and project opportunities that match our services.
Perform project work, including fieldwork, data analysis, report writing, public outreach, etc. for various projects as necessary. The above duties may include all aspects of team and project management, ranging from opportunity identification, project scope development, coordinating schedules, subcontractor management, deliverables production, client management, and all related administrative tasks.
- Develop and own the team's annual tactical business plan to expand Davey Resource Group's environmental consulting services across Georgia.
- Coordinate the sales process, be opportunity aware, assist with scoping and pricing, participate in sales calls and networking events, and win work for the team.
- Demonstrate senior-level technical expertise to clients and the Georgia team in one or more of the following: urban forestry, ecosystem restoration, ecological consulting, and/or wetland delineation and permitting.
- Manage and mentor staff to achieve utilization, profit, safety, and performance targets.
- Monitor key performance metrics and work to exceed expectations and drive business results.
- Work with the Regional Operations Manager, Market Manager, and other Area Managers within Davey Resource Group to share people and equipment with an emphasis on utilization and client service.
- Ensure team compliance with Davey policies and safety training.
- Manage contact and communication with clients to report on the status of projects, identify problems, and develop solutions.
- Represent the company at regional team meetings; planning meetings; client meetings; professional networking events; and industry conferences
Potential candidates must be a college graduate with a minimum of a four-year degree in biology, botany, forestry, horticulture, ecology, conservation, environmental science, or related fields; master's degree preferred. A minimum of 5 years of experience, working in the natural resources field performing ecological consulting work, habitat restoration, or urban forestry is required. At least 5 years of experience managing and developing staff in a field-based environment is desired. Desired professional credentials include PWS, ESA Certified Ecologist, CPESC, ISA Certified Arborist, and/or Certified Forester. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an established record of technical expertise and client service, as well as industry contacts throughout Georgia.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate experience in the development and management of field-based environmental consulting teams. The individual should be proficient in plant identification and have or be able to comply with all necessary licenses, certifications, and experience to perform one or more of our services within the region. Candidates must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Google for Work applications. Applicants must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record. We are seeking teamwork-oriented individuals with excellent written and oral communication skills, and a professional work ethic with attention to detail and safety. Additional information:
Full-time position. Some travel required. DRG offers competitive wage compensation and annual performance-based incentive based on qualifications and experience and execution. Position includes health benefits and after one year the option to buy company stock. Cell phone reimbursement or equivalent; Company Credit Card, company vehicle (or equivalent), industry training as needed/appropriate, complete coverage of approved industry memberships and professional affiliations, with approval; participation in all other Davey benefit programs. Access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses. Pre-employment Drug Screen, E-Verify, and Social Security verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and Davey Resource Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law. Visitwww.jobs.davey.comto search for Davey jobs all over the country!If you need assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or atRecruiting@davey.com
. Nearest Major Market:
Horticulture, Manager, Business Development, Market Manager, Agriculture, Management, Sales