Company Name:The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line:1RES - Kent-Residential & Commercial Services
Job Type:Full Time
Education Level Required:High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required:Less than 1 year
Travel Expectations:None Plant Healthcare Technician
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee owned companies in the nation! TheDavey Tree Expert Companyhas a unique culture that focuses on the open exchanging of ideas, community partnerships, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Plant Healthcare Technician to our passionate team of tree care professionals. Your office is outdoorsand you get a new view every day! What You'll Do:
What We're Looking For:
- Cultivate your career and fertilize your future!
- Properly identify and diagnose insects, weeds, fungus conditions, and pest prone areas.
- Communicate with and educate the client regarding the diagnosis and the prescribed pest control, and fertilization service with customers.
- Perform the prescribed fertilization and integrated pest management on tree and shrubs using spray and injection tools.
- Continuously monitor the pest control and fertilizing methods after application and communicate progress to customers and supervisors.
- Drive, use, maintain and properly operate truck and sprayer equipment.
What We Offer: *
- Love of the outdoors
- Preferred: Background in Forestry, Horticulture, or Landscaping
- Preferred: Turf, Weed, Tree and shrub ID, Pathology, and knowledge of turf or tree physiology
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree Qualified Plant Health Care Tech training program upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Valid driver's license
- Preferred: Class A or B with Airbrake Endorsement
- Preferred: Relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- Charitable matching gift program
*all listed benefits available to eligible employees Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required.We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state, or local law.Visitwww.jobs.davey.comto search for Davey jobs all over the country!If you need any assistance at any time, please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or email@example.com.The Davey Tree LegacySince 1880, our clients have trusted us to care for their most precious natural assets. Our history is rooted in preserving and caring for trees, but our evolution has grown to include whole natural environments. Davey is one of only a handful of companies in the world that can claim this rich, century-plus heritage and a record of continuous growth, even during tough economic times.
Davey Tree #daveytree, davey tree job,
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visitwww.davey.comIf you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Nearest Major Market:
Horticulture, Housekeeping, Agronomy, Agribusiness, Agricultural, Agriculture, Hospitality