The Davey Tree Expert Company has an opportunityas aClimbing Arborist Foreman/Tree Crew Leader
in theResidential & Commercial Division, based inSanta Cruz,CA.Davey Tree is a leader in the Residential-Commercial tree care, Utility Line Clearance and Forestry Consulting industries, throughout the US and Canada.SUMMARY
Position requires leading 3-5 person tree crews to complete tree pruning and tree removal. Foreman are responsible for utilizing the Job Planning Toolkit to safely and efficiently complete work orders as assigned by management. This includes performing pre-climb inspections of trees before work begins. Foreman works directly with the District Manager to mentor and train new employees. QUALIFICATIONS
VALUABLE QUALIFICATIONS, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience pruning to ANSI A300 standards.
- Comfortable climbing on Split Tail Double Rope Technique (DRT) system
- Ability to set a tie-in-point utilizing Throwball and Throwline
- Proficiency tying Climbing Hitches, Termination Knots, & Rigging Knots
- Dedication to safe chainsaw operation and maintenance
- Prior experience with Sectional Tree Removal utilizing techniques to minimize Dynamic Loads
- Prior experience felling with open-faced notch, hinge wood, and back cut for directional control
- Valid Driver's License
- Strong leadership skills: crew management, mentoring and training
- An ideal candidate will have 4-5 years' climbing experience
- CTW-Climber Specialist, Certified Arborist, and/or CTSP
- Class B CDL,
- California QAL
- Aerial Lift Experience
- Crane Experience
- Skid-steerMini Skid-steerexperience
*for qualified employeesADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Full time hourly position (compensation based on qualifications and experience)
- Potential for overtime
- Generous performance incentive plan
- Excellent benefits offered
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Paid time off vacation, Holiday Pay, Sick leave
- 401K retirement plan, the opportunity to buy Davey stock after 1 year
- Employee referral bonus program
- All climbing gear and PPE provided
- Industry related training and special Davey training courses
- Reimbursement is available for industry related certifications
- Management mentoring program available- Davey Institute of Tree Sciences (D.I.T.S.)
Required: Pre-employment Drug Screen, E-verify Social Security Number verification, and criminal background check required.
Full time hourly position. Compensation based on qualifications and experience.
Davey Tree offers competitive wages, excellent benefits and full-time position includes option to buy company stock after one year.
Access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
The Davey Tree Expert Company and Davey Tree Surgery are Equal Opportunity Employers. Davey is Employee Owned. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visitwww.davey.com
Requisition Number: 67046
Company Name:The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line:1RES - Kent-Residential & Commercial Services
Job Type:Full Time
Education Level Required:High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required:3 - 5 years
Travel Expectations:Up to 25% Nearest Major Market:
Santa CruzNearest Secondary Market: