Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
#83520 - Richmond, Indiana, United States
The IT Technician is responsible to evaluate and introduce new plant floor system technologies and manufacturing / engineering concepts, which add value to the business. Further develop and maintain the proper technical platform in computer integrated manufacturing. Foster a creative and innovative environment to lead Richmond in driving out non-value added tasks which will assist in reducing the total delivery costs. Work collaboratively with Corporate partners to leverage best practice communication systems. Responsibilities:
- Database - development, maintenance, security, plant floor, In SQL, Fat and Phone system maintenance: Act as a plant and corporate resource to develop and maintain databases, web pages and local intranet interfaces using SQL, InSQL. Lead in the development of improved data query tools for plant resources. Work collaboratively on continuous improvement activities using SAP MII for data mining in SAP.
- IT Network (Lan and Wan) - IP, equipment, plant floor, admin., back up: Act as the Richmond Facility and Richmond Mixing Center (RMC) LAN, WAN and industrial network administrator and technical resource. This may include onsite and on call depending on the area of responsibility. Provide day to day assistance to the facility for computer hardware, Audix phone system and software related issues, including system updates and backups. Initiate and maintain software and hardware registration and inventory to facilitate upgrades as necessary, and ensure appropriate protection of corporate assets. Maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for responsible area and processes.
- Plant Floor CIM duties - Project management, New Employee Training: Functions as a technical troubleshooting resource for the Leadership Team, Operations, Quality Assurance, Projects Team and train plant technicians on LAN. Manages, directs and schedules contractor activities for equipment, instrumentation, process controls and automation, control and computer systems. Provide on call support for area of responsibility. Analyze, develop solutions, and resolve issues to minimize or eliminate user or system downtime.
- Budget - Manages new computer lease purchases and coordinates lease returns on expired lease agreements. Purchases computer supplies as required. Manage budget related to computer hardware, leases, computer consumables, hardware and software. HILL'S JOB DESCRIPTION Maintain existing method for tracking PC inventory using the Computer Inventory Database.
- Identify and report Food Safety issues to management. Understand and comply with Hill's policies, safety standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Food Safety.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years in a Technical / Networking discipline.
- Strong understanding of Cisco switching network.
- Strong understanding of Audix phone system.
- Plant operations knowledge (processes / systems).
- Networks / Networking Knowledge.
- Data integration methods.
- At least 2 years of manufacturing environment experience.
- Knowledge and experience with computer software / hardware, related equipment and networking, Microsoft Windows applications, Microsoft Office Applications, SQL Server, InSQL Server, Lotus Notes, Symbol Wireless network and associated hardware, database management, and Web Design.
- Subject matter expert for SAP M11.
- Ability to manager hardware upgrades and installations.
- Ability to organize, relate and analyze data for different sources with great detail, securing relevant information and identifying key issues and relations from a base of information.
- Ability to problem solve individually and within a team.
- Ability to make timely decisions that are based on logical assumptions and factual information.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill's we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S Prescription Diet therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S Science Diet and HILL'S Ideal Balance wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill's is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.