Company Name:The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line:1RES - Kent-Residential & Commercial Services
Job Type:Full Time
Education Level Required:High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required:1 - 2 years
Travel Expectations:Up to 25% Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchange of ideas, community partnerships, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Tree Climber / Climbing Arboristto our passionate team of tree care professionals in Wilmington, DE. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day! What You'll Do:
What We're Looking For:
- Climb trees! (Yes, we will pay you to do that.)
- Operate as a member of a tree crew while progressively learning new skills
- Learn to perform all aspects of tree pruning and removal services safely and skillfully for clients. Including but not limited to:
- Tree identification and industry pruning guidelines
- Prune, thin and remove deadwood throughout the tree canopy
- Learn how to install cables, bracing, and lightning protection systems
- Assist in removal of hazardous trees
- Properly maintain, prepare and operate all tools and equipment including chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts and more.
- How high you grow depends on you!
What We Offer: *
- Love of the outdoors
- Background in Forestry, Horticulture, Landscaping, or working at heights
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree Trimmer Orientation Program upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Valid Driver's License
- Preferred: Relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates, if required by state law
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- Charitable matching gift program
*all listed benefits available to eligible employees Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required.Visitjobs.davey.comto search for Davey jobs all over the country!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visitwww.davey.com If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or atRecruiting@davey.com
. Nearest Major Market:
WilmingtonNearest Secondary Market:
Horticulture, Housekeeping, Agriculture, Hospitality