Company Name:DRG Inc
Service Line:1UAM - DRG Utility Asset Management
Job Type:Full Time
Education Level Required:High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required:Less than 1 year
Travel Expectations:Up to 75% Position:
Groundhand (Groundman) The Davey Resource Group (DRG)
is currently hiring entry-level, utility and telecommunication workers, or hands-on outdoor enthusiasts to join our workforce. Asset Management
is a division ofDavey Resource Group (DRG)
which has been employee-owned since 1979. We specialize in managing the assets of utility companies throughout the U.S. by providing solutions, focused around the electrical and telecommunication industries. We believe in smart growth that continues to provide career advancement opportunities and we encourage you to join our dynamic group as a Groundhand. Summary:
To assist line crew or network crew members by working on the ground, handing tools and heavy materials to workers. To dig holes and pad ditches, and to perform other similar work in connection with the telecommunication construction and maintenance of overhead and underground utilities. Responsibilities:
- Passes tools to line crew or network crew members by acting as a general helper on the ground.
- Handles cables, conduit and other materials as directed.
- Assists in installing telecommunication fixtures.
- Assists line crew with setting poles by shoveling or piking; fills anchor holes.
- Clears undergrowth from right-of-way by using hand tools or saws. Piles debris to clear path.
- Performs general clean-up of job sites following completion of work.
- Positions reels of electric cable beside trenches and lays heavy underground residential distribution (URD) cables in ditches and pads by shoveling fine soil around cable.
- Assists telecom crew lineman with lowering and raising tools or other heavy materials to team members working below or above.
- Operates hand tools as authorized or trained.
- Notifies customers of impending disruption of service while lines are under repair.
- Flags traffic to protect employees and the public from potential harm or injury.
- May assist lineman as directed, operating jackhammer or digging bars to break concrete or rocks.
- May drive 3/4-ton or 1-ton pickup truck to job site or to obtain supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job duties are subject to change as directed by team leadership.
Requires good mechanical and electrical aptitude; communication skills and electricity training helpful. Requires valid driver's license: CDL license preferred. Other combinations of education/experience may be considered. Additional Information:
The ideal candidates must be comfortable working/traveling throughout utility service territory state/city. Required ability to work full time with a minimum of 45 hours per week regularly. Compensation based on proven experience. DRG offers excellent benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance after 30 days of employment. Vacation Pay, Company stock and 401-K eligibility after 1 year. Continual training and development offered. Pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle records screen, criminal background screen, and Social Security # verification required. Davey Resource Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage our veterans to apply. DRG is employee owned. We challenge you to take ownership of your future.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visitwww.davey.com If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or atRecruiting@davey.com
. Nearest Major Market: