Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of 'Always Advancing to Protect What's Important.' With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2018 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.comJob Title:
Berry Global grants all necessary authorities to assigned associates to perform job responsibilities said herein. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Maintain a safe, professional, motivated and positive working environment with department personnel.
- Start-up and Shut-down of extrusion equipment, lamination equipment, slitting equipment, die cutting equipment, and forming equipment.
- Maintain labor efficiency at 100%.
- Oversee the duties of operators.
- Disseminate daily job assignments.
- Ensure proper documentation and accounting of all inventory transactions.
- Maintain the department in a clean and orderly manner.
- Record production results in the WebEFF system.
- Notify maintenance if a machine failure occurs.
- Maintain and enforce all company safety, environmental, and department of health requirements.
- Any other duties required by the leadership team.
- High School diploma / GED
- Must have Journeyman certification or be willing to complete apprenticeship program.
- Advanced knowledge of plastic processing equipment and ability to troubleshoot related processes.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Prior production lead experience preferred with good mechanical ability.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and direct employees
- Able to stand/walk for 7 hours of an 8-hour shift.
- Able to stand/walk for 10 hours of a 12-hour shift.
- Able to work overhead or in awkward positions on a frequent basis.
- Ability to climb ladders / steps safely and without assistance.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds frequently and/or up to 100 pounds with assistance occasionally.
- Ability to push/pull loads in excess of 100 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to climb on and off a forklift safely and without assistance.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift in high traffic.
- Hearing sufficient to recognize and respond to shouted warnings, alarms, and horns on forklifts.
- Verbal communications adequate to use a radio and or paging system to contact other co-workers in other areas of the facility.
- Able to use both hands for effective manipulation of tools/parts.
- Stereoptic vision of 20/40 or better and peripheral vision of 70 degrees or greater and ability to read 10 - 12 point font at a distance of 12 - 18 inches.
- Ability to work in dusty / smoky environment on an intermittent basis.
- Ability to read micrometers, calipers, and other measuring tools
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Posting ID: 558253471Posted: 2020-05-21