Your ResponsibilitiesThe first 3 letters in workplace safety are Y-O-U!thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas
is currently seeking an experiencedPurchasing Supervisor
The Purchasing Supervisor under direction of the Director of Financial Services will provide guidance supervision to buyers with delegated purchasing authority in Supply Chain Management involving the purchasing of high value and low-value MRO goods and services, including equipment acquisition, contracting for professional services, business contracts, maintenance services, and consulting, leasing and personal services. The Purchasing Supervisor maintains procurement process documentation and procedures for the department under management supervision. The Purchasing Supervisor will directly manage a team of buyers and monitor performance, and compliance to ensure tkE SLA's, KPI's and operational processes are being met. Your Responsibilities:
- Staff Supervision: Supervise purchasing staff, team building, purchasing communications, resolution of issues and conflicts, review of work, and training employees.
- Purchasing Procedures / Policy Management: Participates in the development and monitoring of policies and procedures for department or department operations. Documents interpretations of processes, policies, and procedures for edification of customers and suppliers. Ensures departmental compliance with procurement policy. Regularly communicates and leads meetings with staff.
- Purchasing: Executes complex purchase orders and contracts, RFQs (request for quotation) and RFPs (request for proposal). Performs complex source and spend analyses to determine quality and cost effectiveness for select goods and services. Assists in negotiations with supplier for prices, terms and unique conditions as required. Resolves supplier performance issues. Assists in implementation of system-wide agreements; manages demand against agreements. Makes recommendations regarding new supply sources; champions use of a diverse supply base (as appropriate).
- Foster close working relationships with branches and departments including Sales, MFG, Engineering, Production, Parts and Service.
- Lead, plan and organize purchasing of products across multiple Business Units to ensure on time delivery of product to our internal customers and maximize the available capacity at the most effective total cost.
- Work directly with suppliers to develop and maintain strong positive relationships.
- Ability to work and communicate internally across all levels of the organization.
- Assist with designing and implementing process improvements targeted at improved productivity, quality, safety, value engineering, cost and efficiency of operations.
- Resolve invoicing exceptions with suppliers and Accounts Payable Department.
- 3 + years' experience in operational purchasing & supervising teams.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP and Ariba Procure-to-Pay systems or equivalent systems.
- Demonstrated working ability to work with direct and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to apply sound business principles and practices to change management processes and user adoption techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the purchasing functionalities.
- Able to lead groups in department, ensuring adherence to purchasing practices, compliance and guidelines.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills required in interacting with both internal and external resources.
- Must have analytical skills necessary to evaluate the cost effectiveness of purchasing options and planning for major commodities.
- Must be able to read, interpret, develop and negotiate terms and conditions of contracts.
- Facilitate approval processes for system requisitions and PO's.
- Ensure supplier compliance and policies are met.
- Supervise day-day purchasing operations.
- Advisors management of opportunities to improve cost, performance or process using facts, research & analysis.
- Gather, update and distribute reports.
- Special projects assigned by management.
- College degree or industry certifications preferred
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
Posting ID: 558253478Posted: 2020-05-21