Do you love data? Do you want to work on cutting edge cloud technologies? Do you want to be part of a team that creates showcase user experiences that create a lasting impression on the users? Do you have the programming skills, attention to details and quality, and passion for building cloud-based systems and services that delight our customers? Do you want to be part of a diverse, fast paced and highly technical team that takes pride in delivering value to our business customers on time with quality in an agile cadence?
If so, consider joining the Employee Experience Insights BI team within Core Services Engineering and Operations. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
In this role, you will collaborate with others, both within an immediate team, as well as across business units and portions of the company. You will drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility, but following a problem through to its conclusion, to solve it once and for all. You will build on your passion for technology, your curiosity to 'go deep', and your ability to quickly learn and build upon past experiences, and you will extrapolate from those experiences, and deliver innovations.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and monitor large scale data and analytic solutions
- Develop "best-in-class" engineering for our data and analytic solutions by ensuring they are well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable
- Create enterprise grade data systems through designing well-defined interfaces across multiple components, rigorous code reviews, keeping agile release, maintainability, monitoring and alerting in mind
- Leverage data and telemetry to make decisions and driving feedback into systems design and implementation
- Create and improve automated test coverage for services - including integration tests, functional tests, and performance tests - and proactively resolve problem areas.
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders in order to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
- Monitor Live Site of the key business/service metrics in production to ensure a quick response in case issues occur (or preferably before the issues occur) and to ensure the service performs well on the agreed outcomes
The ideal candidate will have experience in a team environment, experience running and designing enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in cloud platforms, agile development practices, and experience in designing & tuning telemetry. In addition, this position requires an individual who can demonstrate the ability to ensure highly resilient and scalable service designs through partnership with other members of the service team. Required Qualifications:
Preferred, not required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ years development and design experience working on large data and analytic systems
- 3+ years' experience with SQL, data modeling, report and dashboard creation
- The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Experience using automated test frameworks as a part of the engineering lifecycle
- Experience with building telemetry into the products
- Experience creating user friendly data visualizations using self-service capabilities
- Experience with cloud and/or hybrid infrastructures
- Working understanding of operating in an Agile team
- Exposure to Big Data concepts such as NoSQL, Hadoop, Machine Learning
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse group of people in a distributed development environment
- Testing mindset, before beginning code development
This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements. Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.