Are you excited about the possibility of working on one of the largest Object Storage service in the world? Azure Storage team is chartered with building, managing and running the Persistent Cloud Storage for Microsoft Azure Cloud. We are one of the foundational services in the Azure Cloud. The service hosts data from some of the largest companies in the world and has scaled to store exabytes of customer data with the roadmap looking even better in terms of growth.
We are working on many challenging problems to improve the service we have while enabling multiple new scenarios for our customers to create even more powerful applications on top of our service.
Partition layer in the Storage service is the heart of the system and provides the indexing, geo replication and multi tenancy.
Geo replication is a key differentiator for our service compared to our competitors and part of the disaster recovery story which the Storage service offers to our customers. We have many interesting problems we are working on to improve the overall replication story we have as well as enabling even more powerful end user scenarios. You will play a critical role in defining the future roadmap of geo replication strategy for Storage service.To be successful in this role you must:
- Thrive on dealing with durability, availability and concurrency.
- have passion for storage and distributed systems.
- Desire to be challenged on a daily basis as you build the largest storage solution Microsoft has.
- 5+ years of professional experience building scalable system software and/or services
- BS or equivalent experience
- Experience in writing multithreaded code in C++
- Hands on development experience including designing and writing code
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- MS, PHD or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to plan, schedule and deliver high quality software
- Strong distributed systems knowledge
- Passion for customers
- Good collaboration skills
- Experience building and growing teams
- Prior experience in managing team
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Posting ID: 558253503Posted: 2020-05-21