Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting products in Microsoft, passionate about exceeding customer expectations and advancing Microsoft's cloud first strategy? Are you interested in a start-up like environment, excited about cloud computing and driving growth in one of Microsoft's core businesses? If so, then look no further!
We are Azure Advanced Cloud Engineering (ACE)
- a global Azure Engineering team (part of Azure Customer experience group) that is customer-obsessed, and support engaged, with an engineering mindset. Azure ACE is a rapidly growing team committed to driving Azure growth through our relentless pursuit of satisfied Azure customers, by leading world-class customer engagements, engineering modern customer-first experiences for scale, and by driving deep customer insights and empathy into the broader Azure Engineering organization.
We are looking for a people leader who is customer-obsessed with an engineering mindset to help us on our mission to deliver world class support experiences to our key Azure customers. This role is ideal for someone who is passionate about deploying and supporting cloud services with knowledge of usage patterns for these services. This role requires strong business and people leadership and technical background to manage a team of Azure Customer Engineers responsible for providing world class support to key customers on Azure. You will partner with engineering teams within Azure, support and field teams to deliver solutions and new capabilities, leading a team of highly skilled engineers delivering support.
As a Sr Customer Engineering Manager, you are accountable for the customer's support experience on Azure by driving engineering led support and improving customer confidence on Azure. The responsibilities for this role include: Lead a Customer Obsessed Engineering Led, Support Delivery Team:
Continual Engineering Improvement:
- Lead a high-performing team that will technically support our key Azure customers in partnership with support and engineering teams to resolve critical and complex technical issues in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Enable a customer obsessed environment where team members can relentlessly champion and advocate for our customers in representing their issues to engineering teams and be a change agent to develop innovative ways to resolve their issues.
- Build a team culture that thrives on customer obsession, where team members go above and beyond their immediate issue at hand to delight the customers and can predict and resolve the next issue before the customer reports it.
- Build a close working relationship with the teams related to assigned service areas to leverage in case of escalations, as well as to drive product improvements.
- Build a framework where the team not only works closely with Azure engineering teams to support customers with their complex issues but invests in engineering practices such as daily scrum and triage meetings to deeply understand platform gaps based on feedback and insights gained while supporting our customers.
- Collaborate with engineering teams across Azure based on a prioritize list of product improvement opportunities to eliminate top issues impacting customer experience.
- Create standards and best practices that simplify and optimize support capabilities, and drive adoption across multiple service teams across Azure, as well as to our broader Azure support delivery teams.
- Create an environment that fosters innovative approaches to automating customer solutions. Establish tight integration with Cloud Engineering to continually improve the Azure support tooling and diagnostics capabilities.
- Foster an environment where Customer Engineers are onboarded with the right balance of technical depth and breadth, so they can support a broad range of complex scenarios.
- Establish a readiness framework where support engineers are abreast of latest technologies in a constantly changing environment through active triaging of cases as well as end to end case ownership.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Attract and build a diverse, high-performing team with capabilities needed to achieve current and future business objectives. Balance the development of existing employees while bringing in new and diverse external and internal talent.
- Create an inclusive work environment where every employee can effectively engage and wants to be part of the team. Provide ongoing feedback that helps direct reports improve their performance. Promote a positive environment across the organization by modeling behavior that promotes good morale.
- Identify and develop technical and soft skills needed to deliver outstanding support and solutions to our customers. Leverage resources to help employees develop skills and support their career interests.
- Remove barriers to agility to enable the team to shift priorities quickly without losing customer focus and efficiency.
- 12+ years of client facing experience managing critical situations for global Fortune 100 customers.
- 3+ years of experience managing and leading highly technical teams in a fast-paced environment.
- 3+ year of experience identifying customer needs & requirements, resolving customer reported challenges, developing customer-centric solutions and delivering stellar customer experiences.
- 3+ years of experience in a support, product management, program management or engineering environment.
- Bachelor's degree in technology preferred or a combination of education and relevant client facing experience.
- Demonstrated track record of juggling multiple priorities successfully in a fast paced, agile environment.
- Possess successful cross-teaming skills, including cultivating and influencing virtual stakeholder teams to achieve large impact results.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and develop global teams that innovate and drive change
- Sound understanding of cloud computing technologies across various customer lifecycles of deployment and support.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.