To delight customers in a Cloud First world, Microsoft delivers highly available online services with cutting edge features and innovative functionality lighting up on a regular basis. Quality of service (QoS) is paramount as we continue to make deep investment in Microsoft Azure and its expanding customer base who rely on our services to run their diverse businesses. Availability, reliability, and performance are all key differentiators that customers demand and expect in cloud services when choosing a provider.
Azure has one of the largest storage services on the planet, holding Exabytes of data and files not just for our 3rd party customers, but also many of Microsoft's own services from OneDrive through Xbox. Managing storage hardware lifecycle and service growth from ensuring scale units are built with ideal hardware in both performance and functionality.
As a developer on the Azure Storage team you'll work on varied tasks and projects - from working on the newest cloud hardware, developing and implementing testing scenarios, diagnostics, and implementation to accommodate our ever-changing platform and offerings.
Azure storage is a fast-paced team that just likes to get stuff done. You will work with smart people who care deeply about creating a fun and supportive workplace, and you will have an incredible opportunity to learn and grow. Job Responsibilities include:
- Build and improve hardware test scenarios that mimic real world workloads.
- Effectively collaborate across Azure/C&E/first party teams in big-data for mining, reuse, analysis and research.
- Research and develop scenarios to find where hardware breaks.
- Research, architect, develop and deliver solutions in an agile development environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or IT related technical discipline. (Or in place of 5+ years of industry or software engineering experience.)
- 5+ years of experience with server hardware testing, with a focus on storage media.
- 5+ years of programming experience in C++.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Curiosity and willingness to ask questions
- Knowledge and working experience in data mining, statistics, mathematics
- Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner
- Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes
- Experience with distributed systems
- Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems
- Prior experience in Cloud service offering is a plus
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.