Azure Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to be a part the fast pace and exciting business of Azure. This is your chance to be part of the most exciting end to end teams within Microsoft. Up for the challenge?
Learn more about our team and projects here: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ecosystem-momentum-positions-microsoft-s-project-olympus-as-de-facto-open-compute-standard/
Our challenges are around big data scale, real time and mission critical data. We are looking for brilliant engineers to join our team and make our world-class cloud infrastructure even better.
We are looking for a highly motivated Site Reliability Engineer with a track record in SW development to come help us develop, and light up innovative hardware solutions that powers Azure. You will be participating in large scale program to power the future of Microsoft's Government cloud.
This ideal candidate should have the following skills and experiences:
- 2+ years' experience writing product code in a major cloud service (C++, C#, Node.JS or similar) including experience with algorithms, data structures, and software design
- 2+ years systems engineering or DevOps experience with large-scale, distributed infrastructures
- 1+ years' experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, etc.
- Solid foundation in both software and systems engineering
- Experience writing code to automate day-to-day tasks
- Experience in service engineering lifecycle and live site operation at internet scale.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years' experience troubleshooting, investigating, and fixing production issues in large scale cloud and/or hosted environments
- Skills in priority setting, analysis, communication, time management, scheduling, and multitasking
- Experience with building infrastructure using Microsoft Azure technology
- Data center project experience from inception to go live
- Love for the Service Lifestyle
- Sense of ownership and continuous improvement mindset
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge cloud technology that changes our world. The Cloud Server Infrastructure (CSI) team in Microsoft's Azure C+E division is responsible for delivering server infrastructure for Microsoft's online services. The hardware for operating these services (over 200 and counting), comprises of hundreds of thousands of servers spread globally and applications that reach hundreds of millions of users every day. Our customer-base is growing rapidly, our infrastructure investments are multiplying, and the size of our global infrastructure is increasing by the day - along with the scale of our challenges. Learn more about our team and projects here Azure Hardware Infrastructure.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.